Look at the Animals Mafia [SCUM Win!]

VC 4-01

Metal Sonic: fferyllt

fferyllt: Metal Sonic

Not Voting: Urist

Deadline: July 15, 2018 8:00 PM (Europe: Paris), July 15, 2018 11:00 AM (America: Los Angeles)

Oh duh now I get it.

I’m so far removed from my plurality-lynch roots.

So I just finished skimming Dragon Hunters.

My takeaway is that as scum ffery loves to hem and haw and pretend to be really indecisive. Which doesn’t really match up to this game. There’s a bit at the beginning of the day (could be chalked up to due diligence), and a bit when she unvotes MS for the PM thing, which was weird because if I were scum I’d just vote for ffery and be done with it, which she should have realized.

As town MS seemed to be more interested in clearing himself than he is in this game. Thinking about it, I’m not sure how much of a tell this really is, because it’s not as if there is a flipped scum to compare voting history and interactions and whatnot, as he did in DH. However, MS made an effort to look for evidence as to why ffery was scum in DH, which he isn’t doing here (but could).

In the end I’m not sure how much it matters. 1 is not a huge sample size, and people get busy or go on ski trips or lose pets or whatever so I get that meta is not an exact science thing. But it does make me slightly more inclined to think that MS is the scum here. Of the two other games here that I’ve seen MS in, I feel like his play in this game fits marginally better with the scum game.

I do have a couple of hangups, though. For one, I don’t like how ffery allowed MS to live yesterday and then started today by throwing shade at MS and doubting his role. I think that a town ffery should have realized that if MS was lying about his role and was really a scum vig, we’d have needed to lynch him yesterday. I mostly find it suspicious because I hate when I’m left alive in lylo with the person I suspected the day before, it always makes me a bit paranoid of the third person, and rightly so. I think it’s possible that a scum ffery would choose to mislynch Katsuki over MS because she thought it’d be easier to get me to vote MS in lylo.

I’m also questioning a part of my townread on ffery: the setup info. It’d be super easy for scum to score a ton of townpoints by sharing info about the setup because it’s low-effort content that doesn’t require misleading or lying to the town. And we actually don’t 100% know that the info she’s giving is truthful. If I apply Occam’s Razor to our current situation, I think it makes a lot more sense for ffery to be lying about the role of the kangaroo in the past game than for the kangaroo to be the only role that is vastly different from its previous incarnation. I’m also questioning the value the rest of the information has been to us, as I don’t believe anyone’s role has been meaningfully called into question; it could be that ffery is scum who already knew that sharing the setup info when asked about it would not hurt her in any way.

On the other hand, I can still see arguments for MS-scum. For example, a lot of his confusion about the setup seems to be a bit much. In particular, I find it difficult to believe that he thought his role, which is not to redirect people to themselves but to copy their action to themselves, could prevent nightkills from happening. I’ve done this myself a few times as scum to be ‘cleared’ for not knowing something that scum would obviously have known, and I can see MS doing something similar.

He’s also been on every lynch this game. On d1, he voted Srceenplay for self-preservation, I don’t think he mentioned him aside from the vote. On d2, he voted Elli and just parked it there without visibly considering the claim (even after I explained that it didn’t make a lot of sense to lynch Steve). On d3 he voted Katsuki because he thought he’d blocked the nightkill every night by targeting Kats every night. There’s actually a big issue here, why didn’t he vote for Kats on d2 if he thought he’d blocked the nk from the night prior? This makes it look like MS is scum who just thought up the whole ‘I can block kills’ thing as an excuse to vote for Katsuki on d3.

Finally, there’s the issue of him seeming much too sure of ffery being scum at the beginning of today. He says ‘I’m perfect at reading you’, but in his first post of d2 he claimed to have a town read on ffery. This gives a sour taste to his posts where he’s so sure of ffery being scum, like he’s feigning confidence to try to seem more town and to sway my vote.

I know I’ve been rambling in this post, repeating things I’ve said earlier, etc. I am mostly talking to myself and wanted to organize my thoughts. I’m heading home for dinner and whatnot, gonna mull this stuff over and will probably place a vote tonight. Do you guys have anything else to add?

I could give you some town games to read if you’re interested. I had my vote on 2 different scum the first day of the most recent game I played here, but didn’t stick on either of them, unfortunately. I waffle. It’s probably the defining characteristic of my town game, and it is one of the few things that I’ve learned to kinda fake as scum.

I promise myself I’ll waffle less next game, but it’s a long road to improvement.

My reads this game have sucked, and when I finally voted MS on day 3, I didn’t stick to my conviction. I’ll take responsibility for the town loss if you vote me. I’ve given you enough reason to doubt my alignment for sure.

But, I feel like you can look at the Dragon game and see that in that game I was more about narrative building than open-ended questioning. And I feel like you can see the same difference in MS’s play in the two games. To the extent he’s contributed at all, he hasn’t been seeking information, he’s been characterizing my comments and stances.

Should have said he’s been characterizing my day 3 play. He was pretty opaque about his thoughts earlier.

Actually, I don’t think I voted scum-sheep in the game I was thinking about. I FoSed him, but voted scum-Kats twice, and then unvoted when he fake-claimed.

Here’s the game link. 2 Mafia, 1 Vig, 6 VT - OVER

pretty sure ffery is indecisive here

“Should i lynch katsuki or ms?”

“Gotta think before lylo”

“It’s 3 player, I need a while to think”

“I don’t want to throw the game, gonna wait a while before placing my vote”

bullshit smells fresh

Indeed your bullshit does.

Keep narrative-building.

What scum game do I have here that fits? This fits nothing lol. Ffery is obvious scum. Lynch her please

Go to dragon hunter and ctrl F this phrase “be town”

Can’t believe how u missed that

Shall I go find all the games where I said “be town” as town? It’s not alignment indicative.

You have me at a disadvantage as far as your more recent meta. I don’t play on MU and I don’t read games for entertainment there either. I wasn’t even aware you were playing mafia there until you mentioned it here.

You’re a better scum player than I am. the 2015 Team Vanilla Nightless game gave me serious pause and I’ll probably never completely trust a you-townread again.

The only thing I’m happy about here is that the reason you played a shitty town game is because you’re scum. I was so disappointed on day 2 that I had decided to avoid playing with you for a while if you did turn out to be town.

ha ha

I didn’t mention anything about MU either? What are you talking about

I mean I mentioned it in another game but that’s not relevant to this discussion so ???

If you didn’t, then somone else did. I remember learning about it in TN’s game.

1 Like

inb4 urist is actually scum and slowrolling for the lolz

My point is that the meta here is thin.

that’d be pretty funny I’d do that for the lolz

You’re not shaking me off again.

Also, this is plurality lynch.

I keep forgetting that. Bizarre how my earliest game instincts have been extinguished by mafiascum, even though majority lynch has always seemed like an electric third rail.

I know right

let’s see if urist will throw the game like drugged lulu or not