Heavenly Telepathy (Demonic Mafia Mason Board)

It’s in the google doc.

maybe there’s a similar demon consortium of the prime evils. But I still assume most people are demons and mostly unimformed

So we don’t waste our vig shot on one of the two people that can’t talk in the thread. That’s fine.

If anyone seems TMI, pop them.

It might be possible that they got ‘possessed’ by the non-aligned DE. That could be our wincon in itself.

This is going so far down the rabbit hole, I know. I don’t know what would be more optimal.

All the names seem to be in the doc, minus our own. Our fakeclaims are on the list.

Yeah - it’s possible that some of those demon names are also fake claims, but they don’t exactly need to be undercover - right?

Can’t say that I’m knowledgeable enough to point out a competing mason group within them.

Something that sticks out is that Lucifer and Satan are both on the list. AFAIK Lucifer is the fallen angel, referred to in later Christian canon as Satan, which means enemy. This seems redundant unless there’s been another angel also associated with the name Satan.

I guess it could be a two-in-one role where one is the Angel, the light bringer and the other is the Fallen Angel, the enemy. They could have a mutual lyncher dealeo going. Lucifer seems important to us.

You are Gabriel! As one of the Archangels, your mission is to bring peace and light to the world. Unfortunately, the world is overrun by demons! You’ve gone undercover with your fellow Archangels to attempt to restore light to the world. Your fellow Archangels are ActionDan and Elwood, and they are confirmed to be the same alignment as you. You have heavenly telepathy, which means you can talk to them 24/7. You also have your trusty trumpet, but what will blowing it do? Sometimes you wonder… What this means is that you can choose to blow your horn, but not until at least two players have died (functionally this means you can’t activate your ability until T2 at the earliest). It will have an unknown but possibly profound effect on the game state.

@urist is my trumpet a day or night action?

A) I’m the mod :wink:

B) all actions are activated at twilight, which takes place between day and night. Your action will take effect the following day.

hmm. The trumpet might reveal angels? If we lynch a demon we should consider it

Seems most likely that the trumpet announces there’s angels in the game. That was my first thought. Reading up on the myths associated with Gabriel reinforces my belief in that.

It’s possible that while the existence of Angels would be made public knowledge, any other undercover Angel could become informed of who Rica is.

It’s primary function would appear to be a “tipping point” ability that we can use if we think our faction has reached a majority. The two deaths part is an interesting detail.

13p
2 DE
let’s say 11p
8:3
two players die; 6:3
If there’s two players in those six that are also angels, we actually have the majority: 4:5
From this we might be able to conclude that there are two more angels in the game.
Whether we have an aligned DE or not and whether they would account for a majority might be relevant.

xd

Assuming we’re all alive AND two demons are killed we should seriously consider blowing our own trumpet.

feel like we should blow it on 2 deaths regardless

I’m not gonna tell you exactly what it does, but I will tell you that unless I seriously fucked up in game design it won’t give you guys an insta-win.

Reaching a majority doesn’t ensure we eliminate all threats to our alignment, but reaching a majority means it’s much more likely that we could open wolf with any other angels.

Look at me. I’m the town now.

Don’t worry you’re not @DS

This game is a lie

I have a bad history of saving PRs unnecessarily. Mods expect you to use it ASAP.

I would like to play in a game that was more big brained than that, but yes using it immediately is also a good choice too.

DS is:

Asmodeus
or
Astaroth
or
Berith