Friendly game with long (week+) deadlines.

How big a list? I’ll find some

warning last time I did this we ended up playing a 6:9 nightless marathon

I’ve gotten smarter I promise

I think there’s like 8-12 people here who would be into 1 week deadlines?

1 Like

im overgamed atp but in the near future yes

2 Likes

Nvm

Marked for death for 8p is goat

2:6 mountainous except instead of being NK’d players can be “marked”. A marked player is announced marked at the start of the next day, and dies at the same time as that day’s lynch goes through

Mostly been run as a marathon so far but solid vanilla variant

9+ I’ll get back to u

9p I’d probably just go like grey flag nightless or half mast nightless, orrrrrr coalition which is a brilliant setup. Xiaolin showdown by creature (particularly mith’s variation suggestion) is pretty interesting: https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=115&t=77281

10p black flag nightless is awesome

White flag good because bussing bad

I’m v in favour of white flags setups for that reason yea

too bad bussing wins wf most of the time

3 Likes

IME bad towns lose flag games with bus gambits more often than scum nail them via bussing (though I haven’t played tonnes). I’m also yet to bus in a wf and haven’t lost as scum.

Actually scum usually win the wf games I’m in. But that doesn’t make them any less fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess that’s kinda the same thing but I think u get what I mean in spirit

If townies stopped with the “ohhhhhh my godddddd their d1 never makes sense as scum” and focus on moving tells I don’t feel like they’re usually that difficult

What is a flag game?

White Flag open setup. Mafia loses if there is only one member of the mafia remaining.

Hmm I think I played that one. What are Red flag, Gray flag and Black flag though, I should probably also check them.

Black flag is 7:3 nightless. Mafia lose at one member. Town lose at 3 members.

Red flag is 4:9, town wins when either 2 mafia lynches go through or the entire scumteam dies. (mafia can nightkill their own members to avoid the lynch wincon).

Grey flag is 3:6 nightless. Town wins at two mafia deaths. Mafia are vengeful and win at parity.

you can scale them up/down for ev changes ofc but those are the commonly run sizes :slight_smile:

OMG Red flag looks very interesting

1 Like

If we are going to make friendly games for newcomers, I think games with more standard rules and roles would work better.

If we are going to play full vanilla, I think something like “Everybody is in a neighborhood that consists of people up or below them on playerlist.” can be done.