Eyes Mafia - Day (Game Over!)

people dont want short days

Cause I’m a stupid lynch that shouldn’t be lynched today. Duh.

Well yeah, if we have a 10 day day phase we use it all to find scum. Why not?

And what is up with Ellibereth?

He’s…eccentric. Think Keir but with zero desire to ever explain himself.

pls no

VC 1-4

sheepsaysmeep: 2 (Ellibereth, Nanook)
Nanook: 2 (Notmafia, sheepsaysmeep)

Not Voting: 3 (Josh, Nix, Shadow)

Deadline: July 23, 2018 6:00 AM (Europe: Paris), July 22, 2018 9:00 PM (America: Los Angeles)

Topic will auto-lock 30 minutes after deadline.

Links
Day 1 Start: Eyes Mafia

Mod Notes:
Josh: limited access until 7/14

Sounds like he could be dangerous scum then. Interested to see more posts there.

Alas I wish this were the case! I’m working on it!

Both the Nanook wagon and sheep wagon are bad.

VOTE: NotMafia

What do you mean:

Why would he be? Or is this a joke? Come up with a real case please. I don’t feel like playing stupid games with lazy townies right now. If you are town, show it.

One more thing that needs to be abundantly clear:

If you randomly hammer a lynch, you die next.

No excuses. Don’t vote unless you are sure it’s not going to end the day. Everyone should have a chance to post before we lynch. We don’t have many days to get this right, so we really can’t waste lynches.

unless you randomly hammer sheep
then go ahead

Lol, what do you have against sheep?

There are meta reasons that his scum percentage is rather high already. I alluded to this previously when I brought up the too much variance.

Scum percentage? How is someone’s alignment in a past game related to their alignment in a current game?

He means the odds that he’s scum in this game, due to meta reasons.

But how are the odds determined by meta reasons? Someone have a deal with random.org or something?

You’re not reading it right…he’s scumreading him for meta reasons, basically.

Okay, lol. Here I was hoping that someone had found a way to bribe RNGs :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m behind on some longer writings that’ll be on this site (hopefully) fairly soon but tldr;

Individual people have habitual behaviors (conciously or usually unconciously), that are related to their alignment. The simplest examples would be someone uses x phrase n% of the time as scum and m% of the time as town over some fairly large sample size but they can get a bit more complicated and involve factors like time stamps, structure, one of the previous data points only in a particular game type etc…

So with sufficient research on a player, you can start roughly extrapolating the likelihood of them being scum or town in any game where notable behaviors appear.

The above is really partializing formalizing part of what data-based “meta” is. (There are other types of meta that are unrelated).

Sheep happnes to have a large sample size across the two sites that I’ve looked into the most.