Dengeki Bunko UCanPick [TOWN + SURVIVOR WIN]

because i don’t think the fact that you inherently have the role is town-indicative

i think the way you used the role is

i don’t think i objected to anyone townreading you for using that role that way?

It just doesn’t make sense to me to fight against a townread of me like this if you agree that townreading me for how I used the role is good. Like, it’s really freaking hair splitty.

/shrug

i tend to be pretty pedantic and precise

i don’t think you should be townread for inherently having the role, but i townread you for how you used it

those aren’t the same thing

They’re not technically the same thing, no, but arguing against one is pretty close to arguing against both in practice.

i rather disagree

i think that townreading someone on role is fallacious (especially at this stage of the game!)

(unless they’re like literally a mason or ic or whatever)

play > role

Ok, but arguing that someone shouldn’t be townread on role is, like, reallllllly close to arguing that they shouldn’t be townread for what they’ve done with that role. I think you agree that my use of it was townie, so it just seems…misguided, to argue against a literal strawman that nobody had actually tried to argue this way.

i disagree on principle

(and i drew the distinction between the two like six times)

idk if i’m arguing against a strawman; i think you misunderstood what i was trying to say and it later became an argument

i think that unless the setup is like open (ie it’s known what roles belong to each faction) it’s dangerous to assume that a player with a given role is more likely to belong to one faction or the other based on the utility of the role, especially on like day2 without knowing the full setup (ie in general a given role tends to be town but in that particular setup it has scum utility)

i think that when you’re holistically trying to determine a player’s alignment it’s fine to take role into account but that’s it’s dangerous to assume alignment based on role

i think you dislike that i’m drawing this distinction, but i think it’s important in non-open setups to draw tto do so because i have played games where scum have counter-intuitive roles that at surface-value seem townie (ie i’ve played in a setup that could have a scum cop theoretically)

i also think that this discussion has also gone into like mafia theory and i’m not sure it’s directly relevant to anything at this point, but whatever

this might be an ms mentality thing

Does anyone else think Urist’s sr on skitter is ridiculous?

That’s fair–we can continue the discussion in the AAR.

For now, I’ll just say that I don’t have a problem with the distinction itself, just the way it was presented.

You were arguing against a strawman, since nobody said that I should be read purely off my role.

I can agree to drop it from here though, cause yeah, we’re probably not reaching a useful resolution on it at this point!

Ridiculous in a wrong sense, yes.

Ridiculous in a scummy sense? Not sure, but tonally I doubt it.

ok, i can agree that i may not have presented what i was thinking well

and if you wanna continue it after we can

the takeaway is that i townread you from how you used the role

(also think your half of this convo was kinda townie)

@DS how much mafia experience do you have?

Like ten years, I just placed third in mafia championships at MU and a lot of people think I should have won.

1 Like

I agree with skitter and the announcer on what they are saying: that Clem isn’t town cleared on his role or his use of the role. It could very easily be a scum role.

With that said, without some major revelation, he is absolutely not the lynch today and probably not tomorrow either.

Unless Neymar is scum right?

If Neymar is scum then Clem’s use of the role should be thrown into question.

2 Likes

I mean yeah, thats obviously the reasoning for you being town, but c’mon Clem I’m not dumb enough to think that scum!you wouldnt have known that is exactly the line you would have to push to resolve that situation.

Its WIFOM. I’m not lynching there today, and if you realized, I also actively moved away from your lynch yesterday because I did not like the way your wagon formed. Im not pushing you, but I respect your game enough to know that this would totally be a play you could have made with that role.

I wouldn’t lynch you without seeing a scum!neymar flip first