Dengeki Bunko UCanPick [TOWN + SURVIVOR WIN]

Uh, but if most of the town wants to lynch that player…the only utility is that it gives them a bit more time for defense…but, like, that’s so freaking easily countered by town that it’s basically pointless in a scum role.

Whereas buying an extra day can be hugely positive for a town that most likely has investigative roles.

I’m willing to believe nannok has a town role here. Announcer is bad.

idk

stopping a lynch seems more scum-motivated to me; i think scum in trouble usually wants that extra time to try to see if things will blow over or move in a different direction

i agree that it does give people an extra night to do things (of both alignments tho; presumably scum has night-roles too)

why is the announcer bad?

Sure, if it JUST stopped a lynch, I’d agree with you…but it also stops night kills. So, like…that’s a good tradeoff for town without being OP, but not a good tradeoff for scum.

Cause they’re using their platform to throw shade where there should be only sunshine.

Doubting nanook claim at this point is p bad and a waste of Metal’s time.

I’m annoyed that the day ended early.

i think the claim is real

i agree that it is more town-oriented than scum-oriented.

i feel uncomfortable calling you town because of the role tho because i think there is scum utility

on play i’m tending town tho

i just feel wary townreading you because of the role

So you’re fighting against town reading me despite townreading me, while also agreeing that I might be scum.

Got it.

yes, i’m basically being pedantic and saying i don’t think you’re clear on role

Saying I’m not clear solely on role is one thing, actively throwing shade is another. I contend you are engaging in the latter.

ok, and i think i’m doing the former

I’m obviously biased here, but I do actually think I should be pretty townread right now. Stopping a lynch yesterday only really makes sense in a world where scumNanook is partners with scumNeymar, and if that’s the case, scumNanook had every chance to switch to Erika instead of Neymar and run them up instead. Combined with my role, unless you think that either Nanook is dumb and bad at playing scum or that the scum team is exactly Nanook/Neymar/Erika, you probably should be townreading me.

The announcer was definitely throwing shade. You seconded the announcer. Thus, you are throwing shade as well.

^^^^^

i’m explaining why i think it has scum utility and why i don’t want to clear you on role

i literally just said i’m townreading you

again, i do on play, because yeah in that context it doesn’t really make sense for scum!you to use it.

in a general sense (ie without the context of the end of day yesterday), i do think the role isn’t inherently town

Right, but, like, first of all…taking the use of my role in the context of the day…the scum utility for it doesn’t make sense.

Second of all, there’s a(n admittedly somewhat pedantic) difference between saying “they’re not hard cleared” (which is accurate and good to point out!) and saying things like “I’m not comfortable calling you town” and “I just feel wary townreading you because of the role.”

The second, while I understand what you’re saying, is the kind of phrasing that’s good to use if you want to pivot towards a scumread later on, so you can point back and say “see, I’ve been wary of him all along!”

Is it somewhat pedantic? Yeah, probably. But I don’t think that makes it invalid.

So the role isn’t inherently town in your opinion, which we disagree on but that’s OK. My use of the role doesn’t make sense as scum, which we agree on. Great. So why the heck is townreading for the role I have and using it the way I have a bad thing to do??

no, it’s the kinda of phrasing i use when expressing my opinion