Demonic Mafia Town Win!

i feel like most of the reads have very little do with meta though

Elli trying to shade me?

Not townreading =/= shading

But you are always the first to town read me.

no ones beat me to it yet!

but yeah
the reads on wheme, ds, ufo, and xrosen are all meta independent (that should be minimally clear with 2.5 of them being new).
And I think those are my only reads stated so.

I townread Srceenplay

added clem’s announcement thingys to the i-header

Silence of the lambs

bam what do I win.

The answer to the other one was 4

Ok I guess that makes more sense then

Which means being my first game here I probably won’t be of much use until after first day ends, unless something happens that I can actually jump on through my own train of thought. Nothing I’ve seen is AI from my perspective as of right now

The beauty of mafia is that majority of things are AI, we’re just pretty bad at spotting it. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s fine, not much here is AI to me either. Elli is a scumhunting god though so maybe some of his derp clears are correct

I mean I still strongly believe narrative cases are just made to bullshit people (or oneself) into believing you. The actually accurate things are just 1 or 2 trinkets that you get “lucky” and notice.

I mean that’s kind of the point so I can understand it pretty well. Both sides have to do it to an extent, but Mafia has to do it a lot more

Mafia has to do what a lot more?

They have to create narratives a lot more since their entire win condition is based around spinning lies all game. Town only has to do so in order to push their uncertain truth, versus a certain lie on the other side of the coin.

mhm, hence we don’t really bother with lengthy narratives until we’re basically sure they’re right since that strips away a huge tool from Mafia

This makes playing on the mafia side way harder since they have to come up with effective countermeasure to town just being right.

I think you might be confused because people basically say things they think are more or less true or just tossing out ideas they’re less sure about and letting them sit. I think a lot of people are bad at recognizing when they should hold a stake in their own opinion so they end up crafting false narratives for wrong ideas and “debates” about these thing become the norm.

That seems really counterproductive to the game itself though? Pushing narratives as Town is important to try and weed out Mafia without having to rely on certainty. Relying on certainty makes a game entirely mechanical and allows the Mafia to just play around that rather than actually trying to do anything during Daytime.

Creating narratives is inherently risky in and of itself because it enables the Mafia to do the same thing, but imo the risk is kind of necessary. Granted, it depends on people who are actually good at Day play to be present, but it’s a hell of a lot better than just leaving the entire game to mechanics or blatancy.

I’m saying the opposite of relying on mechanics. Just saying that narratives and cases and the like are unnecessary to catch scum.

You, DS, UFO, and Wheme being town has nothing to do with narratives. You all just did 1 of 2 things that made you probabilistic-ally exceedingly likely to be town and not mafia. For all intents and purposes that’s sufficient.

A lot of the players left have relatively distinct patterns they’re just posting under-volume too and then they can be parsed into buckets too.

So basically we create a universe where we hit scum 75% of the time or so and it becomes there responsibility to hard push something false and most of the time that just fails.