Demonic Mafia Town Win!

I mean I still strongly believe narrative cases are just made to bullshit people (or oneself) into believing you. The actually accurate things are just 1 or 2 trinkets that you get “lucky” and notice.

I mean that’s kind of the point so I can understand it pretty well. Both sides have to do it to an extent, but Mafia has to do it a lot more

Mafia has to do what a lot more?

They have to create narratives a lot more since their entire win condition is based around spinning lies all game. Town only has to do so in order to push their uncertain truth, versus a certain lie on the other side of the coin.

mhm, hence we don’t really bother with lengthy narratives until we’re basically sure they’re right since that strips away a huge tool from Mafia

This makes playing on the mafia side way harder since they have to come up with effective countermeasure to town just being right.

I think you might be confused because people basically say things they think are more or less true or just tossing out ideas they’re less sure about and letting them sit. I think a lot of people are bad at recognizing when they should hold a stake in their own opinion so they end up crafting false narratives for wrong ideas and “debates” about these thing become the norm.

That seems really counterproductive to the game itself though? Pushing narratives as Town is important to try and weed out Mafia without having to rely on certainty. Relying on certainty makes a game entirely mechanical and allows the Mafia to just play around that rather than actually trying to do anything during Daytime.

Creating narratives is inherently risky in and of itself because it enables the Mafia to do the same thing, but imo the risk is kind of necessary. Granted, it depends on people who are actually good at Day play to be present, but it’s a hell of a lot better than just leaving the entire game to mechanics or blatancy.

I’m saying the opposite of relying on mechanics. Just saying that narratives and cases and the like are unnecessary to catch scum.

You, DS, UFO, and Wheme being town has nothing to do with narratives. You all just did 1 of 2 things that made you probabilistic-ally exceedingly likely to be town and not mafia. For all intents and purposes that’s sufficient.

A lot of the players left have relatively distinct patterns they’re just posting under-volume too and then they can be parsed into buckets too.

So basically we create a universe where we hit scum 75% of the time or so and it becomes there responsibility to hard push something false and most of the time that just fails.

like I think what you don’t get is that the status quo as is has mafia losing, they’re the ones with the responsibility to do things.

Ye

I’m not sure I’m a fan of that idea; I certainly wouldn’t subscribe to it in any case. As far as I’m concerned nobody is exceedingly likely to be Town this early on (attributed to me not having a damn clue what’s happening oops) so until I get a grip on how things are gonna go here, I’ll probably end up sticking to my normal play style and adapt as things progress. Maybe I’ll see more of what you mean in the future, but at the moment I can’t say I do

yeah sure no problem, you can surf some of the completed games. Mafia just gets crushed early on most games and it’s already pretty likely they getting crushed here too just by PoE.

We’ll eventually add some features to the site where you can mess with our corpus as a data set and you’ll see you need surprisingly little to clear/accuse someone probabilistially sans self-awareness which is usually not there for a lot of things. Obviously once the engine is a thing it’ll be a different ballgame.

anyway @M2H hurry up and do things so we can decide whether to kill you or not zzz

oh kinda forgot this was a thing tbh

I don’t want to kill M2H 4 times in a row :C

i feel like most people here are intuitive readers and im basically the same way

btw would it be bad / can we angleshoot by getting the gods to like readslists of sorts? or is that no bueno @Nanook

intuitive or full stats
we’re pretty extreme

I typically don’t like to play intuitively; I know one too many people that can break that style of play so easily that it’s kind of ingrained in my head not to use my intuition at all times

I mean going through people’s posts looking for contradictions or some “rational” reason to vote them is okay I guess, I just don’t think my reads are any better when I play that way.

@M2H did DS town slip?