Deep Space 9 Mafia - Game Over!

Was what I thought until I saw the above post that points to cats town

Does this work for you? Bashing peopleā€™s styles to get them to change their mind? Just because I think you are more often than not Scum in this game does not mean I wouldnā€™t consider a situation where you are Town. In order for me to do that, I need to have a better grasp of where you stand and how you see the game. If you keep criticizing my style of writing instead of focusing on the game, then surely my opinion is not going to change. If you keep giving me slight Town leans because you donā€™t seem to have a better alternative, but not really bother with any of the arguments Iā€™m making, then my opinion is also unlikely to change.

I also didnā€™t commit to voting for Nanook. I donā€™t think anybody but Cats did. I would argue that this isnā€™t a good rationale for the vote. However, do I think Srceenplay should be contributing more to the game? Yes.

1 Like

I also see that Judge referenced the potential for this here:

Am I being too paranoid?

I donā€™t think both of these are terribly likely. I think thereā€™s Scum among the two. You asked me if I thought that Cabd was potential Scum - I think itā€™s certainly possible. Cabdā€™s vote on Josh D1 has not yet been properly addressed, and I donā€™t like this weird suggestion that they have extra information that they will potentially share at some point.

Like, if you are willing to say this now, I feel like you should be willing to explain it now. I donā€™t see a lot of Town benefit from being vague like this if you think you can narrow the Scum Team substantially. Iā€™m not asking Cabd to give all of the details away, just to clarify what the hell this means.

I have moved away from thinking that you are Scum, for now. Iā€™m mostly trying to take a fresh look at the game.

I agree with Mantis that you should put some effort into explaining this vote.

VC 2-6

Judge Mental: 3 (Andresvmb, Urist, Metal Sonic)
Mantis: 1 (Srceenplay)
Srceenplay: 1 (Mantis)
Cabd: 1 (Judge Mental)

Not voting: 4 (Catspurr, Josh, pyx, Cabd)

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: August 25, 2018 4:00 AM

This topic will close automatically 30 minutes after the deadline.

Mod Notes: :slight_smile:

Links
Day 1 Start: Deep Space 9 Mafia - Game Over!
Day 2 Start: Deep Space 9 Mafia - Game Over!

DidNt I?

What you need?

Iā€™m sorry Iā€™ve been criticising your game style.

I must be playing a bit scummily if cats is actually town this game. (For some reason AD didnā€™t inspire confidence in this slot before he left, so that certainly doesnā€™t help me.) Cats said I was town and then about-faced. Iā€™m open with how I find him scummy all the time, so he knows this is NAI. OR DOES HE. That, and his flare up with nanook but not the follow-through is totally unlike his usual game.

also, pyxā€™s play is unlike his usual play. Iā€™m not seeing his scum tell and I found the miller claim from his predecessor towny. Butā€¦he can usually see my town game. I think he might have a low care factor in this game.

Iā€™ve decided mantis is town because I want to have a town buddy here. (If she is actually scum Iā€™m going to laugh and be almost embarrassed however see two paragraphs below.)

Iā€™m leaving MS alone for others to sort because MS doesnā€™t like my avatar and how can I play mafia with someone like that I ask you.

Iā€™m also open about being shit at this game. Ironically, the more I try to remove my emotional ā€˜thinkingā€™ the more scummy I appear.

Anyhoo, enough pity party. I was taking out my frustrations, over not being town read by people who know my game well, on you. Youā€™ll see my flip and then youā€™ll know my game, pretty much. I get caught as scum and usually first from the scum team: I have some imo obvious scum tells but of course Iā€™m not going to tank future scum teams by saying what they are.

three of you want to see my flip; I donā€™t have anything more to offer in terms of scum hunting as of right now so if itā€™s going to be me, make it be me sooner rather than later tia. [At work my screen is seen by everyone in my team and the ā€œDeep Space 9 Mafiaā€ thread title really pops.]

speaking of wanting to see flips: @fferyllt I voted CABD :slight_smile:

Iā€™m reading along.

I am so in two minds about srceenplay, could be scum but their scum game was more aggressive and over the top when I played with them.
But claiming there fake claim sorted nanook is total bullshit to me because I donā€™t remember them even voting nanook with me.
Another one of those damned players who pat themselves on the back AFTER the fact?

I would like to sort cabd, srceenplay and mental.

Want a LOT more posting from cabd. I could have hammered him yesterday but wanted him to have a chance to come back from holiday/trip.
Now he is back, we can lynch him as far as I am concerned if he does not start putting in time and effort big time.

Also need to look at the players who railroaded the cabd wagon onto smilodon.
And yes, I voted Smilodon myself.

Nanook was first on smilodon followed by urist then judge.

ā€œrailroadedā€

yes, do look at yourself. closely

while youā€™re looking, can you pls look at any players who were not on the CABD wagon who jumped on the smilodon wagon? I have to keep this window minimised so I donā€™t recall who jumped from where to the smilodon wagonā€¦

Judge? yeah maybe.
Mantis? No I really am getting a town feel from Mantis last night. I think the three of us in the temple last night were town.
srceenplay, very undecided.

I wasnā€™t on the CABD wagon and jumped on Smilodon.

Will go back and check if you think it will help.

^ this was the peak of my wagon.

^ peak of ActionDans wagon

Josh Wagon

^ PEAK OF CABD

SMILODON WAGON got to check who Hammered as it was not recorded in vote count.

Okay Smilodons vote was seven, Srceenplay hammered, fferyllt did not update the 6 to 7

thx

CABDā€™s flip will be most informative, but you do you

Not really, no.

You are basically Scum reading people that continue to have issues with your fake claim. Can you elaborate beyond that?