Deep Space 9 Mafia - Game Over!

Depends on the game obviously, but yeah, broadly speaking I’m a fan of mass reveals in closed setups. I can give you an example of where I’ve done this as town before, if desired.

Valid.

It’s not the cluelessness that pings me. It’s his apparent impotence. He was focused on the first post of the game for too long, and didn’t draw any conclusions from it in the end. His only other comment was regarding srceenplay and it didn’t make a ton of sense, he also ignored srceen’s response to his comment so it doesn’t seem like AKFD was legitimately concerned.

VC 1-5

Urist: 3 (srceenplay, Metal Sonic, parsec)
catspurr: 2 (Nanook, Urist)
Josh: 1 (skitter30)
skitter30: 1 (ActionDan)

Not voting: 6 (catspurr, Josh, AKFD, Mantis, _fferyllt, Andresvmb)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: August 13, 2018 4:00 AM

This topic will close automatically 30 minutes after the deadline.

Mod Notes:

• skitter30 limited access on Fridays and Saturdays
  • :slight_smile:

There’s a difference between “reveals break the game” and “reveals give town an advantage they can use if they’re smart.” Im saying the latter, not the former.

In my experience at least, reveals tend to benefit the town in a closed set up. Again, not to the point of game breaking, but enough that it’s usually a definite advantage.

Urist, thanks for reminding me you do joke around alot in your early game, I had forgotten, but also don’t see why you think it clears you as scum. You are a good enough player to joke early as either alignment. Otherwise it would be a ‘Tell’

Are you claiming that early joking is a ‘Town Tell’ for you?

AKFD is…young, younger than your normal mafia player (I’ll leave it to him to decide if he wants to share how young). Doesn’t give him a pass obviously, but I think it’s worth keeping in mind when evaluating him.

To be clear I didn’t scumread him either, but there was nothing in his posts that had more chance coming from town than scum. Recently, I’m leaning town on him.

:bulb::put_litter_in_its_place:

@Nanook mass claiming is bullshit. It totally undermines the whole point of the game.
Why do you want to fuck up the GM?

Unless you mean just saying who we are, which I am happy to do, because I am thrilled by my character. But that is not going to tell us anything because scum always have false claims.

addendum: Parsec name claiming is fine.

1. you’ll excuse me if I don’t take the opinion of scum too seriously

2. if the GM designed a game that only works without reveals, the GM designed a bad game. So unless you’re saying effers is a bad GM, this is a bad take and you should rescind it.

Obviously there are legitimate reasons to not want to mass claim (I still think it’s the best play, but I’m not so enamored with it that I think everyone that doesn’t like it is an idiot), but “the GM designed it closed so we should play it that way” is a really stupid one.

To tackle your questions:

I have played Mafia before, though have clearly not been particularly successful at it. I played the Chosen game and the Flip Flappers Game on this site, though that’s the extent of my experience. I was Town and played through the end of the game in Chosen, and I was Scum in Flip Flappers and played also through the end of the game, so you can read if interested and get a feel for how I play. Regardless of alignment, I feel like I’m always paranoid - it helps remember how things play out, but it may make me look overly cautious. I’m not afraid to throw votes when needed, and you’ll always know how I’m leaning, but I try and be more thorough with the thinking. I do not tend to do the “I didn’t like so and so’s response” and vote. Not my style in general.

There’s varied thinking on Miller’s from what I can tell - some people think that they can clear themselves quickly, which would obviate the need to claim and distract away from focusing on the play. Obviously if that person is investigated, you end up with a near certain lynch, but you might end there regardless. However, if we are taking the name at face value, why would we not assume that Parsec is a Prophet?

I unvoted because I Town read Dan, so it’s kind of a wasted vote.

Regarding my concerns for the wagon on Urist - I think ultimately what I’m trying to convey is that I disagree with the view, and I think the rationale for some of the votes is thin at best. It also gets a discussion going, so some of it is to probe for some deeper analysis. I think Urist has been correctly assessing the situation and is asking the right questions, so I just don’t feel he should have 3 votes on.

I’m not saying joking is a town tell, because it isn’t. I’m saying that this indecisive stuff is how you played in Twits. That you asking for meta when you already have it looks like you’re testing the waters on an established wagon.

:thinking:

ffery smiling in the votecount might be significant but i can’t figure out what i should be reading into it yet

:thinking:

metal sonic town reading me is :thinking:

It signifies that ffery is a total psycho who is thoroughly enjoying us 13 townies tearing each other apart while she, the lone scum, cackles cancerously in the corner.

How do you know?

He just started playing on my home site as well.

Why?