Deep Space 9 Mafia - Game Over!

VC 1-43 FINAL

smilodon: 6 (Urist, Nanook, Andresvbm, Judge Mental, Mantis, catspurr, Srceenplay)
Josh: 2 (Metal Sonic, Cabd)
Cabd: 1 (Josh)

Not voting: 3 (smilodon, _fferyllt, pyx)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: August 13, 2018 4:00 AM

This topic will close automatically 30 minutes after the deadline.

Mod Notes:

• :slight_smile:

A Lynch Has Been Achieved!

It’s been a long, grim day. You’d hardly had time to take your station in Ops before things went bonkers. The entrance to the Bajoran temple on the Promenade was jammed shut, and protected by what appeared to be some kind of force field. Engineering spent the day attempting to cut through a wall. When that failed they tried cutting into the ceiling from the level above, but to no avail.

The work was hot, and tempers flared. And not only tempers. One of the cutting tools overheated and caused a small explosion. The engineer wound up in sick bay, but that wasn’t the worst of it. Acrid smoke filled the Promenade. And someone ran through the smoke-filled corridor bellowing, and one of the Bajoran security officers pulled his phaser out and shot at the running figure. Why? Who knows.

Unfortunately, the phaser wasn’t set to stun. The victim was just a kid. But not just any kid.

Summary

Welcome! You are Jake Sisko, aligned with the Prophets.

Abilities:

• You are a Town Vanilla. Your abilities are your voice and your vote.

Win Condition:

• You win when all threats to the Prophets have been eliminated or nothing can prevent that from happening.

Night 1 begins now and will end on August 15, 2018 6:00 PM (Europe: Paris), August 15, 2018 9:00 AM (America: Los Angeles)

Please let me know via PM if you’d like for Day 2 to continue in this topic or in a separate one. If a majority of players would prefer each game day in a separate topic, that’s what I’ll do.

Processing Night Actions Now

Your communicator chirps. You drowsily ask the computer what time it is, and grumble when you learn that it’s not quite time to rise and get ready for your shift. You slap the communicator badge and bark “What is it?” and are informed that there’s been a disturbance in the crew quarters. You rush out to see what’s happened.

There’s blood in the corridor. It trails off into nothing in one direction. In the other direction, there are smeared splotches on the deck plating. You follow the trail back to _fferyllt’s quarters. And they are a mess: furniture overturned or in pieces, and blood everywhere. Lavender-tinted blood.

You find _fferyllt’s body on the bedroom floor, In his hands is a huge wickedly curved blade.

_fferyllt was

Worf, 1-shot Vigilante, aligned with the Prophets.

On the floor near him is an oddly glowing purplescent object. The object seems to react to your gaze, and slowly disappears

"Over here, I found something!"

You rush back to the corridor, and see a crewman pointing frantically at the broken, off-kilter door of another crew quarters.

You enter cautiously and find Nanook on the floor with a huge stab wound across his chest.

Nanook was

Gol Dukat, Goon aligned with the Cult of the Pah-wraiths.

Note: The Cult of the Pah-wraith is a flavor-based name, not a literal mafia game cult

Somebody has a mess to clean up, and some murders to solve, but you are needed in Ops!

VC 2-1 Day 2 Begins!

Not voting: 10 (srceenplay, Catspurr, Josh, Metal Sonic, Urist, pyx, Andresvmb, Judge Mental, Mantis, Cabd)

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: August 25, 2018 4:00 AM

This topic will close automatically 30 minutes after the deadline.

Mod Notes:
:slight_smile:

Links
Day 1 Start: Deep Space 9 Mafia - Game Over!
Day 2 Start: Deep Space 9 Mafia - Game Over!

RESET

muffina a pro vig as always

very good associatives for us to use now

godspeed, Worf_fferyllt, and good shooting.

I mean, Bat’lething, you skul-ridged mIl’oD ngeb

Nice job ffery

Well done Muffin. Too bad he was killed last night.

There should be no world in which the Town congregates around a Cats lynch, I would think. Particularly not today. I will say this though - it would not be unheard of for Scum!Nanook to get into strong disagreements with his Scum teammates to try and move suspicion away from them if he flips. My view is that I don’t think it’s a viable Scum strategy to bus your teammate since very early on D1 based on a vague meta read, but I could easily be wrong. He could have been trying to drag Town with him, but at the same time I think this is the less likely explanation. I think it is more likely that he was pushing hard to get a mislynch early.

Judge following along so meekly to vote for Cats is interesting to say the least:

Also, Judge was siding too much with Nanook on Cats:

Perfectly happy to vote here. In fact, I’ll do it now.

VOTE: Judge Mental

I could also be talked into voting for Mantis.

These are just some early thoughts. I will have to read through some of the associations that Nanook left behind and see if there’s anything else that pings at me. I’ll get to it later.

Was in a neighborhood last night w ffery and cats. Ffery thought there might have been some awkward interaction between nanook and cabd, with cabd looking like potentially bussing

Yeah Cabd is def scum, my bad for derailing the wagon yesterday.

VOTE: Cabd

Srceen is basically confirmed town. catspurr very likely town.

Was there mention of where they were going to shoot?

I thoughts I was basically confirmed town yesterday?

when did the neighborhood start? pregame?

No just after day 1. To do with orbs we had I think