CSS/Styling/UI updates, comments, and suggestions

I miss having a summary page or pop-up with a list of players and a link to their posts, but I’m tracking prod-ranges using the ISO filter. If you hover over the timestamp in the right upper corner of a post, the exact time of the post pops up.

There’s a partial summary of thread activity at the bottom of the OP. If were possible to list every person who has posted in the thread there, that would address a lot of my navigation needs.

Doesn’t it list all the players with their post counts already?

Also, you can search specifically within your bookmarks too, like so:

Hmm. I don’t think I was seeing the full list (after clicking the down carat) yesterday. Maybe it kicks in at a threshold. Or maybe I wasn’t observant enough.

It is showing everyone now and how long since they posted, which addresses one of my points.

However, it would not show someone who has not posted in the thread.
So if you were checking before everyone had posted it was only showing who had posted, not who you listed as playing.

(sorry to be so obvious)

The General Feedback thread is probably better for large parts of this conversation - the stuff on ISO/bookmarks/thread navigation may be useful to a lot of others, but they wouldn’t expect to see it in the CSS thread!

Thanks a bunch for all the feedback cats, we really appreciate it.

:grinning:

:nod:

Catspurr addressed most of what I’m not happy with. And thanks for the info on various workarounds.

New thread each day would be great though! Or after a specific number of posts?

My habit certainly is to scroll back and forth a lot to read context.

I think different topics would actually make things harder r.e. isoing and search. And I don’t see any real advantage.

Mods can put links to each day start/night start post in the OP and you can also bookmark the individual posts for easy reference. If neither of those are satisfactory you can even just iso the mod or use the search bar.

What’s difficult about scrolling back and forth for context right now? (As a side note, the k and j keys are the hotkeys for going up and down post by post).

On a slightly different note - the discourse team said they are working on ways to make the right timeline even better for larger threads - proposed ideas have included being able to see where your bookmarked posts are in the timeline or for people to be able to set “chapter” markers. The later would be particularily for days obviously.

1 Like

For me, the difficulty, for example, lies in seeing something, remembering it was previously mentioned, having a visual memory of a page of posts and just going there, whereas here I find that impossible; I can’t visualise the whole long scrolling thread and easily pluck out where the hell that set of posts was.

I’m not bookmarking posts because I don’t know what posts I’m going to want to find until I am triggered by a recent post.

Of course, this may be a difficulty confined to just me, because I am using visual memory (an image of the thread) to find things and so am getting lost in the scroll.

I dunno, even larger avatars might help.

Also, if I embiggen the text to be more readable, the timeline disappears offside, but that’s a minor quibble. In fact, at 120% the timeline isn’t even available on my tablet; that’s weird.

Can you screenshot what’s happening here for me? Is there a horizontal scroll on the bottom you might be missing?

@fferyllt Can you check out if you have any similar problems to the above? You use a tablet too yeah.

@chessbaby3 @Katsuki

Increased avatar size a bit, is this better.

1 Like

I don’t have a right/left scroll bar on my tablet, but I can touch-scroll.

It seems like decreasing the post width by a small amount would fix that, and probably also fix the gear-menu on the right side of posts so more of it is visible when open.

It’s very odd. My tablet is set up the same as yours. The timeline should be available at any magnification by touch-scrolling right, but in fact it disappears entirely around 115%.

The post gear menu is fine though.

Also wanted to say thanks, increase in avatar size helps.