CSS/Styling/UI updates, comments, and suggestions

Okay sorry, just click the x.
Duh…:roll_eyes:

Basically, we’re all making the transition from pagination to endless scroll together.

I’m trying to make my VC’s happen every 25 posts or so, because that makes my iso a series of pagetops in a 25-posts-per-page world.

I don’t think there’s a way to do public bookmarks, but we’ll do some research. Discourse is planning to release some tools for dealing with megathreads in the next few months, but we’ll probably have developed our own coping mechanisms by then! :ohyes:

2 Likes

Mostly getting used to it will help.

Although i was already noticing lag in loading the D1 megathread. Some of us don’t have ideal internet connections.

Yes the lag is a problem, for some the internet connection, for others the amount of ram or maybe it’s video ram so that you have to wait for the screen to catch up with the scroll.

It is not an enjoyable way to play mafia.
I used to set the paginate to the load lag, so that a page would be loaded into memory and you could scroll back and forth without any delay.

If they page had video that where load intense than I would set that page at 20 posts, other at 50.

Well, not yet. Fferyllt mentioned Discourse intends to work on dealing with megathreads in te next several months, so maybe we hang on and see what they can come up with.

Yeah, I meant, in the present. Regardless of how ‘old fashion’ pagination may appear to the it crowd, they have to have a way of managing 10,000 posts in a thread.

It can’t all be done by search functions and a time bar line that shows 10/10/10 at the start and 2/2/20 at the end.

1 Like

I fervently agree. They’re all like ‘oh forget about ice cream, it is old-fashioned and bad for you, try this stevia sweetened frozen jackfruit yogurt instead. Super good!’

I want ice cream. :pouting_cat:

um… I only just learned…

…and now you’re telling me it comes in flavours?

Yes.

Some things that could be more clear…

When I try to multi-quote by highlighting, it doesn’t separate the quotes and looks like one quote from one person. Is there something else I should be doing?

I notice players often don’t notice that a post is a REPLY to an individual - they don’t see the teeny tiny avatar up in the corner. Any way to make this feature more obvious? Like a big REPLY TO beside the avatar or something?

What are you doing for the multiquoting? If you highlight first portion you want and then click quote, and then highlight the second portion you want and then click quote it should work as intended? Testing below:

1 Like

Thanks! I was highlighting two quotes as one rather than highlighting separately. Problem solved. :slight_smile:

I might make more changes later, but for now I added a blue highlight around the avatar picture/increased the avatar’s picture size for back replies.

You can see that in this post.

1 Like

Thanks, that should help.

Yeah, the big avatar highlighted does help. Thanks:grinning:

And it’s ok that Dark doesn’t have it, 'cause the avis are more distinct there anyway.
I don’t like the 2 new test skins though.

argh! the new pic taking up a third of my laptop’s screen real estate! Whyyyyyyyy

I’m messing with some settings most of this stuff will be temporary.

Some changes are live.

1. When you hover on the topics on the latest posts on the home page you see a short preview of the OP. (I know images don’t load - this isn’t resolvable).

2. The blue "highlight’ that used to appear on the latest unread post or newest post when you go to a new thread has been removed. I thought it looked annoying and it’s better without. You guys agree?

3. You can see when people are simultaneously replying to you in the same thread (I’m sure some of you have already seen this in action). This might be a controversial feature in the context of mafia so let me know if you think we should get rid of it.

I like it for mafia, as you’re impatiently waiting for responses.