Content Suggestions and Discussion

I want to hear a voice reveal. It actually makes it more social to me because, like NSG says, I begin to think ‘wow those are real people in a real world’. Like for example, a player I knew that always seemed salty, always seemed angry, I met at a smash bros tournament, and the dude smiles so damn much. I could not take his posting seriously anymore.

1 Like

I can always pull out the Darth Vader voice changer!

Elli ur voice is goat you don’t need to do that

1 Like

We’ve started transcribing my interview and I’ve had to hear far too much of myself!
Let’s just say there’s a lot more goat than GOAT.

i love elli voice too

I started messing with our youtube channel, like/subscribe!:

Its not HQ terrible

Silly idea we had today - would a setup where a slot (with probably me at first) designated as an IC so that slot would be able to “stream” or “record” stuff live be interesting to anyone? I’m not sure of the specifics for how it would work exactly but it seems to be one of the few ways that mafia can have live commentary in its current form.

There’ll have to be both player and viewer interest and obviously this “mechanic” is highly likely town favored so there’s stuff to figure out.

Some kind of treestump seems like it’d work well with that

A problem that might exist there is that whoever it is then can’t be killed which I thought was likely a big net positive for town. A tree stump would basically be a live commentator for the game that doesn’t know the alignments yeah?

I wonder if that’s true in general or if I’m just projecting some of my own confidence onto the mechanic. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I am sure anyone can record but that has to be posted in their own PT and released after the game is done. IC can release it during the game. Masons too. Cop inno’s too.

1 Like

Don’t think the latter two would work since they’re not technically confirmed.

what is your first language, spoiler alert?

Mandarin

ah :slight_smile: where I work there are a lot of Mandarin-as-first-language speakers. Would not jar, to my ears

You can already judge for yourself! There’s a 13 second testsclip a few posts up.

And ~hopefully~ a first real video with content in the next couple weeks.

@Mental While I have you here is there anything in particular you’d want to watch or listen to? :stuck_out_tongue:

real-time coaching of a not-good player, possibly at my level of non-ability, who is not me

I’d watch/listen to discussions on most of the stuff being discussed. I missed whatever that live event was the other day.

oh pffft that’s hardly an accent at all :stuck_out_tongue: and has an American twang, to my ear

We thought of doing a new series modeled after advice columns where people can send in (mostly mafia) questions to be answered - it’s sort of a more general version of the game analysis thing.

Would there be interest in this?

1 Like