Compromise (3p), Rolling Signups

:+1:

DS has a slot in R3, if anyone else wants to play /in in topic.

Always /in.

the premise of this game could be expanded I feel.

Like make an imbalance by adding town roles and change a goon to watcher/tracker etc.

There are more roles we can add, @Flavor had a whole smorgasbord.
We can try more roles next run I’ll post em tonight.

1 Like

I’ll make room for anyone wanting to try the setup for the first time of course. But that was fun so always happy to join.

Town Cop - Mafia/Not Mafia results
Town Seer - Werewolf/Not Werewolf results
Town Supersaint - If they get lynched the person that hammers them dies, alignment of last person standing wins.
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Mafia Godfather - Not Mafia to cop check
Werewolf
Werewolf
Alpha Werewolf - Not Werewolf to Seer check

IF THE GAME IS MAFIA-TOWN-WEREWOLF you need to COMPROMISE to win, if there’s a lynch everyone loses

There’s also a Jester role that Flavor suggests but it makes how compromising works super complicated.

Thoughts?

@Tier
@DS
@ActionDan

is next if you find the above agreeable

Sure but jester sounds fun also

i can try

only if @Tier agrees to not game throw by just early voting me for no reason

I’ll play otherwise

In place of tier I mean

:grimacing:

exclusive otherwise vs inclusive otherwise
:kappa:

Mathemagic

Ck takes my spot

1 Like

Oh, cool!

Yeah, I have a lot more variations on this. It’s pretty infinite really, and I just play test what works and what doesn’t. Innocent Child equivalents for every alignment. I’m work shopping a Lovers mechanic as well.

Jester is cool to add too, but it introduces a new mechanic I call Jester Lock.

Jesters can win in a Compromise with Mafia and Mafia only, not werewolf.

However, there’s the situation where you could be town/mafia/Jester, and in that scenario, nobody’s really ever getting lynched in certain scenarios, so the town and mafia VOTE: Jester Lock Compromise and if both do it, it goes through. If the Jester is actually a Jester, town and mafia win. If they are not Jester, it acts as if that player automatically is forced to Compromise, and then results are in from there. You also need to do this if town/town or wolf/wolf with a Jester to win, and that adds another wincon scenario for a wolf/wolf/mafia final 3 where Mafia can pretend to be Jester to pull off a victory.

Jester paranoia is great for the game too, and when playing with 4-6 players, I fee necessary.

The way to play with 4-6 players, you just play like normal, however Night 0 starts right when it gets to the final 3. You still lynch normally, however, nobody is revealed if they are lynched before the final 3. You can also have giant compromises that way if you think you have like all 5 town or whatnot.

Supersaint is an exception to that. If they are hammered, they flip immediately, they live and kill the person that hammered them.

1 Like

I’m currently getting designs made for a box set.

In theory, it’s generally meant to played multiple times in one sitting with the same group of players. Sessions. I’m working on a points system, but that does change the game when played with points because of the “kill the leader” mentality.