Chosen - GAME OVER

That was a weird rant. And we do want to win. At least I do. I don’t understand this mechanically outed thing, but I think the strategy being implemented is equally as valid.

And don’t quit? I’ve only just started, but I’m enjoying the game and it’s made better by people that actually have opinions.

VC 3.1

northsidegal (3): Key, Andres, Alisae
Alisae (1): Metal Sonic

Not Voting (1): northsidegal

WITH 5 ALIVE IT TAKES 3 TO LYNCH

northsidegal was lynched.
She was a Chosen Townie.

NIGHT has begun
It ends June 4, 2018 10:49 PM or earlier at the Mafia’s discretion.

1 Like

@Chosen

Metal Sonic was killed.
He was a Vanilla Townie.

DAY 4 HAS begun.
Deadline is June 12, 2018 1:00 AM
WITH 3 ALIVE IT TAKES 2 TO LYNCH

2 Likes

Okay uhh

At this point I think it’s Alisae. I’ll be back in a few hours to talk

@Key, I gotta admit, you’ve played it well. But the death of MS would have actually won us the game. So I would think that Alisae is probably not it. So it’s you. You see how I’ve arrived at this conclusion right? If we had actually followed Alisae’s advice, we would be sitting here with a win. But instead, we have to decide who to lynch next. The problem I have is that between the two of us, I have not made myself the most trustworthy source. So I would think we’re screwed.

What I am having trouble reconciling is Josh’s strategy. Had we actually gone through with all his suggestions, a bunch of Vanilla Townies would be gone and we would have won. It’s kind of genius.

But then what if Alisae’s rant and show are exactly that, a diversion? A way of guaranteeing that I would arrive at the conclusion I just did? I have no clue. To be honest, I’m stumped. I need to go back and revisit what’s happened.

And I’m counting on whoever is Town from actually believing what I said to begin with: that I picked Town because I didn’t want to complicate things.

Why are you concluding it’s Alisae? And not me? You need to provide me with a detailed explanation.

If I had concluded that, I would have voted by now.

I think it’s Alisae for two main reasons:
a) that northsidegal hammer made zero sense from Alisae as town. The blow up looked like it was trying to hide that e was taking the opportunity to hammer a Chosen townie. There was a good chance MS got lynched yesterday, and I don’t think town Alisae cuts the day short by lynching someone else.
b) I don’t think you’d kill MS when I was suspicious of you possibly buddying me and getting rid of me would leave MS and Alisae to lynch each other - I think that kill is much more likely from scum!Ali trying to get rid of someone likely to instavote em, and who also wasn’t on the Chosen wagon.

So, let’s try and figure out what strategic considerations went into this, and see if it helps us figure out what is going on.

At a first glance, what could explain why scum!Alisae kills MS and not you, Key, is if you are Chosen (but then I would think that I’m the better choice instead of MS for the night kill). Why? MS was already the more likely to be lynched of the two in {Alisae, MS}. In fact, I had already signaled that my lynchpool consisted of {MS, NSG}. So why would you kill MS if you are Alisae? I would almost think that you would seek to avoid it (while keeping one of you [Key] or me alive). And this you can do, because there’s only one Chosen left. However, your explanation that MS would instavote Alisae does hold some water. And anything that Alisae said after knowing the outcome of the vote is largely meaningless (saying that MS should be next, I mean).

Now, I am struggling a bit to see why you would put yourself in this position. If Alisae is Chosen, then you would have killed me, and had Alisae and MS vote each other and then you simply vote whichever and that’s that, you win. If I’m Chosen, however, then you had no choice but to kill one of MS and Alisae. But then MS remains the worse choice of the two, since, again, I already signaled who I was more skeptical of. But you could have imagined that you could more easily build a case against Alisae, since MS has been arguing against Alisae all game and Alisae went on a rant prior to pulling the trigger on NSG, who to make things worse, was Chosen.

The thing is, the reason I’m alive I think is because I’m a newbie. I’m easier to manipulate. It’s easier to feed me the above conclusion and turn me against you.

Now, from re-reading most of the early conversation, I have gathered that Alisae was more likely to have picked Scum than you, Key. Alisae also admitted to having picked Scum (and not getting it). On top of that, Alisae tried to cast doubt on NSG early on by implying that NSG was lurking, which to be honest fed into my paranoia and led to the outcome we all know.

So I’m gonna do something I haven’t done much all game. I’m gonna go with my gut. I had a good read on NSG early on and I went back on it for the wrong reasons. I won’t do that here. I said repeatedly that one of Alisae and MS was probably scum. I think I’m going to stick by that now.

@Alisae, now is your time to speak.

I forgot this game existed tbh

Honestly I should be cleared off of the kill alone.

Like I never kill metal sonic

Btw I’m leaning Key because I remember a post she made where she was basically keeping her options open and available and it didn’t really read like genuine re-evaluation.

Like uh I really dunno what to say tbh I wasn’t expecting metal to die overnight

I thought Chosen townies were only unkillable when both of them were still alive. Rules say that while both are alive, they can’t be killed or endgamed.

This would mean that what happened was one of

• you killed MS instead of me or Alisae
  • Alisae killed MS instead of you or me
  • I killed MS instead of you or Alisae

I think if either one of us two was scum we would have killed each other. Like if you’re newbscum I doubt you take away Ali’s lynch target and keep me around when I was starting to be suspicious of you.

But I don’t know how to feel about that about turn you just did. It makes me worry that you’ve decided it will be easier to support my scumread of Alisae than to lynch me.

On the other hand I think if you’re scum you almost definitely know that Chosen townies can be NKed after one is lynched, and I might be underestimating you but I don’t think you could fake not knowing it that convincingly.

Plus from those halfhearted posts I think muffins might be right and Alisae is just scum who’s given up :confused: leaving MS alive would have been a near guaranteed 1v1 with someone who didn’t contribute to the Chosen lynch. Regardless of which of us was the decider in that situation, that’s overly high risk.

I’m going to sleep on it before voting, but I really don’t think you’re scum here.

VOTE: Keychain

Actually
UNVOTE: m