Chosen - GAME OVER

In my head the thinking is something like this:

“I’m scum, so maybe if I claim that I picked scum and didn’t get it, people will think that it’s genuine. But if I do, and people find it scummy, maybe I’ll be attracting unwanted attention and I’ll get lynched, crippling my team. So maybe the risk is not worth it.”

Of course, you might have figured that people like me might think like this, and make the claim to make it less likely to get votes. But you guys seem to play a lot, so maybe you can see through that?

Whatever. I’m gonna place a random vote at some point and hope for the best. What else can you do?

I shouldn’t be so pessimistic. I suppose people do give a bit of information here and there through their writing. Let’s see.

I think the main knowledge that some players have that you do not is whether other players like being scum or not, and how much they like/dislike being scum.

With the exception of Katsuki, all the players I’m aware prefer scum have claimed that they submitted their choice for scum but drew town.

zMuffin says he prefers town, but he takes a fair amount of pride in his ability to manipulate town when he’s scum, so he’s a bit of a wild card.

In deciding what alignment to request, most players presumably thought about the hall of mirrors style overthinking that town players will engage in.

1 Like

i didn’t! i put virtually zero thought into this

just said “town please” and closed the window

thinking about things is a waste of time

Yeah perhaps. But there’s something about this too. If you have shown adept at playing scum, then willingly picking it means you are more likely to be targeted early. So maybe you would look to avoid it.

fwiw I actually also chose town first then edited my message to “scum” 10 seconds later

I guess I thinked too much!

1 Like

i have collected an enormous database of metal sonic’s games and, after meticulously scanning through each and every one of them word by agonisingly-painful-to-read word, i have concluded with certainy that this might possibly be metal sonic’s town meta

i also have something that might be considered a slightly controversial opinion: andre seems town
* a sharp intake of breath occurs as the people in the crowd recoil in shock *

but cupcake said he chose scum and… wait for it… didn’t get it!

you’re not paying very close attention, miss ffery - i barely read anything cupcake ever writes (for sanity reasons) and i saw that

i need meta to firm up that andre read though but it doesn’t seem to exist so i am at a loss here…

also, i am requesting cupcake town meta, if anyone has ever seen it (elusive as it appears to be). i’ve never played with him as town or seen him play town before. the only alignments i have in my database of cupcake games are scum and antitown

1 Like

@_fferyllt

This post?

Though this one does kinda imply he asked for scum.

the second one obviously

Remember that Zora Fortnight game where we townread each other super early?

There was some other FG game where I was town and you were scum.

yeah, i remember those games and i included them in my database; they’re filed under the ‘antitown’ alignment

you were an IC neighbourhood-cop and you killed yourself on me (PGO) when i was trying to take you to endgame

that was the game where i made up some silly “I’M A REFLEXIVE FRUIT VENDOR” thing, which in hindsight was probably terrible to anyone paying attention lol

Excuse you sir my presence is always super protown, I exude an aura of towniness that motivates entire towns.

Can’t recall if you won that game or not. I remember you somehow skating on that even though there was no way you should have not been powerlynched after my death.

you died on N5 and there was already a flipped scum N5-vig and i think i was like “uh… maybe there were two? let’s not dwell on that, look at the shiny object over there!!”

anyway, i think you should stop voting town and start voting scum (like i am)

not controversial enough. i got to it first!

remember the zora fortnight game where i was the only one to catch scum… then got force replaced by zora WITHOUT WARNING cos he hates me, then my replacement DGB completely failed and fell off the roof tunnelling town…?

oh wait, none of u were in it

i was

muttonchopmagic

What an interesting bug, click on profile and this happened.