Shakespeare Mafia: Game OVER!

well just spam the strongman

it’s one shot

I don’t think 9ers work well with docs unless mafia has extra KP, which they shouldn’t have cause it’s a 9er. having a 3 shot doc and a bp and an inno child is overkill. once katyusha claimed her inno, I had to get the only 2 mislynches in the game I could get cause everyone else was claimed already. there’s nothing to do there. We lost cause we didn’t play well enough, but the odds were absolutely stacked against us.

I think 9ers should have investigatives/informatives only. inno child is fine, cop/tracker etc are fine as well. but wolves need to get their NKs.

also the problem of adding a bunch of power roles to a game is that many players don’t have it in their games to fakeclaim certain stuff as mafia, and it’s especially read into when the claims are coming up when said players are getting no heat. I spoke about it with a MS mod once and she can’t grasp the idea that making certain players certain town PRs will effectively inno them as well. this had one inno, but also had a 3 shot doc who people had no reason to suspect whenever they claim.

I’m not salty btw, just thinking about the setup out loud.

btw ufo

one of the reasons i knew it was you

your avatar is the picture on our mu team mafia discord chat

:man_facepalming:

Beyond evaluating probabilities I think there are differing opinions on what “balanced” means in practice. And if we use the (most popular?) definition where given random actions the alignments have equal chance of winning, it’s not obvious that balanced games are the most desirable.

A key question seems to be (and this is perhaps worth making a new topic over) - if both alignments do nothing remarkable should the game be a coin flip or favor a certain side.

All 3 possibile answers there are obviously legitimate but would we want player’s and moderator’s general opinions on this in some public easily accessible place?
Do players prefer to not know anything about a mod’s thoughts on how a game is balanced and be “surprised”, or prefer if they have a reference point going in to have more of a sense of what they’re getting into?

nerd

1 Like

Oh hey, game is over.

It was fun, but IDK how I feel about the short deadlines. I contemplated replacing out but didn’t want anyone inheriting my gambit

Also I was clearly looking to generate reactions. In my mind my slot was dead one way or another so a stint for information didn’t seem all that bad if town had the time to actually process the info when I died/retractred

News to me. Though MS is fake claim central for many reasons

Yeah, I don’t feel comfortable revealing why I replaced out, by the way. I gave the mod a reason and I don’t owe people on a board any explanation for what I do.

I’ll play closed setups when there’s nothing crazy to be expected, like this game (which wasn’t crazy, just excessively imbalanced in favour of town), or when I know the mod and what to expect from them, or when it’s a mishmash which are the most fun setups.

to me the most desirable games are balanced in a way that everyone who entered it has similar chances of winning it, being as town, mafia or 3p. so you can guess I dislike most games with 3rd parties because they’re rarely given similar winning shot.

my base for evaluating how townsided anything is for a 9er setup would be cop 9er, where the cop gets a randomized n0 peek. I consider those slightly townsided and have a big turbo database of people playing this setup across sites to back it up.