Return of Hat Microtransaction Mafia (15p)

Moderator: @tn5421 | Co-Moderator: @fferyllt | Signed off on the sanity somewhere…: Varsoon

Can’t get enough hats? We feel you.
Ever spent too much money buying lootcrates? Take a seat and laugh with us about how microtransactions have ruined everything.

15 players
Only semi-normal.
Not bastard.
No eggs allowed.
72 hour day, 24 hour night

Are you with me?

There is at least one Vanilla Town in this game.
There is at least one Mafia Goon in this game.
There are particular dead thread mechanics in play; as such no spoilers will be provided to participants until postgame. The spectator thread, should one be requested, will not be so limited but may not contain former or current participants.
This game features a third party role.

We use somewhat customized Role PM’s, examples below.

Red abilities use your phase action. Unless otherwise stated you can only use one red action per phase.
Yellow abilities need to be activated, but don’t use your phase action. Unless otherwise stated you can only use each yellow action once per phase.
Green abilities are passive, always-on abilities. They normally are not affected by roleblocks or similiar actions.

Sample Rolecard(s):

Just in case you can't read the regular Role PM

You are a Vanilla Townie

Win Conditions:

• You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Abilities:

• You have no abilities, your strength is your vote and intellect.

IDENTIFICATION - TN5421 Role: Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie

Win Conditions:

• You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Abilities:

• You have no abilities, your strength is your vote and intellect.

Just in case you can't read the regular Role PM

You are a Mafia Goon

Win Conditions:

• You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Abilities:

• You share a Private Topic with your fellow scum; [names].
  • You have a factional night-kill meaning that each night one of you may night-kill a player.
    ** You will perform the factional kill by default. This can be overrode by majority vote.

IDENTIFICATION - TN5421 Role: Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon

Win Conditions:

Abilities:

• You share a Private Topic with your fellow scum; [names].
  • You have a factional night-kill meaning that each night one of you may night-kill a player.
    • You will perform the factional kill by default. This can be overrode by majority vote.

@fferyllt lives?

oh snap - didnt read anything, just in because its tn

I’m not sure, this is just pulled directly from the old OP. If it comes to it I’ll bully Varsoon into helping me mod, even though he doesnt likehates the forum software for some reason

Wow he likes old antiquated phbb?

something something old forum feel

I cant even think of a single successful forum using phpbb

Imagine not being able to post an emoji from your phone keyboard directly

:crying_cat_face:

The modern day xenforo didn’t do away with the old forum feel, just streamlined it

I mean it’s also about knowing your audience right? For mostly mobile users the old feel is frustrating. And younger people tend to mostly mobile users

Yeah we took a look recently and the majority of time people spend on the site is via mobile by a fair margin.

@Key and I have been talking about how our mobile experience still leaves a lot to be desired but there are certain limitations on whats worth fighting against discourse on. Thankfully they are working on making certain things better when sufficient people bitch about it.

r.e. styling: Once we refactor the theme stuff it should be a lot easier for us to pump out a few new themes. Making one that caters towards the more old-fashioned has been on the todo list for a bit.

2 Likes

If you have time, you should /in as well, elli.

1 Like

I should comfortably have time to join before 15. :stuck_out_tongue:

Want to get a round of site stuff done before playing.

1 Like

Less do this

bump

eggs arent allowed @sock

only hats

Seems like this was a bad time to try to host a game this large.