Which is a shame because he’s a great guy

@chesskid3 want to temporarily make this a competitive math coaching site

1 Like

No sweat

I’m down

But nah I already slotted in Chemist anyways

math451

4 Likes

You don’t even understand who you’re $#@!ing dealing with. I have advanced degrees in statistics and computer science and I’ve created a simple program with an advanced algorithm that I’ve been working on for years. I have read and tracked over 600 forum mafia games, recording every fencesit, every association, every scumtell. I have over 50 documented, specific forms and versions of scumtells and towntells, and at this point I can just skim a thread and put it into my machine. I have reduced the cacophonous lies of forum mafia into a pure, beautiful mathematical formula, and it’s led me to literal hundreds of wins.

Why do I think you’re scum? I don’t deign to think about you myself. Instead, I thought about how to create a program to know mathematically whether you are scum. I don’t need to think about you, because my algorithm has determined that you’re scum to an 87% certainty. You cannot beat those numbers at this stage in the game. We’re talking about a mere 13% chance that you’re a town member so monumentally bad at this game that you fooled a computer program that has successfully identified over 500 unique mafia players as scum with over 96% accuracy. Your only defense, in other words, is that you are so naturally scummy that you are an outlier."
Whether you’re town or mafia, this is a message from mathematics – you are bad at this game. You have played so scummy that a perfectly objective process has labeled you as scum. Whether that makes you bad at playing your specific rolecard or bad in general, there is no question that behaving like scum means you have not performed well. Consider this a welcome wakeup call, as hundreds have before you: If a player decides you’re scum, it’s possible you just got unlucky, but if a computer program can be that certain of your alignment, there are some serious holes in your game, because it means you’re scum in an objective sense, rather than a subjective one. For that reason, I’m willing to roll that die and take that 13% risk, because even if there’s a small chance you might be town, there’s not even a remote chance that you’re good.

6 Likes

hey

how dare you steal that

1 Like

I feel like I am getting déjà vu reading that

2 Likes

That’s really funny here for reasons you guys don’t even know.

3 Likes

well maybe orange knows

There’s a bot in this forum that reads people perfectly and acts as a human being?

1 Like

Game hype!

close enough! It’s exaggerated but close enough to how I approach things/think its correct to approach things given time. (Though I super disagree with the last paragraph in that being an outlier incorrect read of a program doesn’t mean the outlier is inherently doing something wrong).

Also we’re fairly intent on getting a public read engine done in the next year or so.

1 Like

Yes his name is elli

4 Likes

Exactly

1 Like

We call it elli cause unlike elli we’re human and like to personify things

1 Like