Ranked Vengeful (Developing a rating system based on per game player ranking) Discussion

I’m not sure there’s an elegant solution. Just say that getting lynched at 3p doesn’t lose points I guess? And like chess said, tying for last should be worse than getting 3rd alone. But I don’t think it should be the same as coming in 4th.

@Ellibereth I saw that you were going to close the previous ranking and announce the final results. Where are they?

It’s long. If everyone is locked in to her votes after 8h we shouldn’t have to wait another 40.
Secondly it essentially removes the opportunity to quickhammer as scum. I realize this is subjective and may not be considered a drawback to everyone.
That’s all I can think of right now. After a few games we’ll potentially see other issues with it.

@tn5421 just waiting on you

1 Like

maybe, talking people into changing their mind after they’ve “locked” etc.
we’ll see how it feels.

@tn5421 just waiting on you for g2, if someone else wants to grab the slot lemme know.

I’ll hop in @Ellibereth

1 Like

Ah yeah I’ll do this ASAP. I’m fairly certain you had the best plus score.

probably /in next so long as I don’t forget about this by then

or I can take tns slot :smiley:

4 Likes

It’s been a while since we’ve seen Katsuki — their last post was 1 year ago

1 Like

It has been quite some time.

IDK how I feel about not being allowed to state how votes on me triggers severe negative impact on my mental wellbeing though.

1 Like

:gigathonk:

Probably going to split sign up and discussion in separate topics for my sanity/organization.

@Ellibereth Why can’t we rank the Mafia’s Performance as individual members rather than as a team?

Discourages playing as a team/doesn’t allow as much flexibility in how Mafia win.

also potentially getting your partner killed/voted over you etc. to lower their score and raise yours which would be obviously unpleasant

1 Like

Well then you can rank the Mafia by how well they do manipulating the town. Or wait, you don’t like doing a deep dive into what people do socially, never mind.

you’re catching on :+1:

Because apparently a Mafia who leads the town into disaster is just as great as one who nearly dies N1 and only by sheer luck wins the game.

If you can present an algorithm to quantify what you’re talking about I’d be happy to take a look.

1 Like

Soft data is just as good as hard data. You just don’t know how to mechanically process social interactions, so you act like they don’t exist.