Ranked Games Discussion

Scum still get to partially control the kill, it is a bridge between nightless and nights.

You

You get me

You REALLY get me

What is a 6v2 mountainous, mountainous doesn’t work with that little

nightless mountainous, the one you hate.

All these options kinda suck, why is the number of players so restricted?

11v2 is 60/40 scum and can take up to 6 lynches. at 3+1 that’s 24 days which is meh.
2+1 across the board is too fast for most people here, especially if taking seriously because ranked mode etc.
Even if we change to 2+1 at 7p that’s still 3 weeks.

We could do 9v2, with 3+1 until 7p and then 2+1 which would be 17 days which is more okay (though still longer than I would ideally want). But people have to be okay with playing a 64/36 setup.

Also I think the number of players we have now who would definitely do ranked is 5 or 6. I’m confident I can get 8 to fill with ppl that wouldn’t just afk or be like fuck it I’m leaving, 11 or 13 I’m way less sure, and replacements are twice as shitty as they would normally because we have scoring to do.

Smaller setup lets us test how ranked runs with larger sample size for a few months. I think its more important we get something going with less people than figuring out what the best setup is and having to spend a bunch of extra time on getting that to run.

Like let’s say we start with Marked as the setup, run a few games. They’re high quality and are scored. Can send it to ppl being like this is a thing and we tell them once we get enough people interested we’ll rotate to 2v9 or whatever if desirable.

idk, maybe everyone just make a post where they give each setup a score from 1-5? If everyone just wants 2v9 I’ll try to make it work.

fucking discourse won’t let me edit polls and i’m root wtf.

Marked EV is 55/45 btw, don’t think I mentioned that earlier.

Actually a poll kinda sucks for this since we don’t get degrees of favorite.

Do something like this @Ranked (1-5):

Partition 4
Marked 4
9v2 3
6v2 nightless 3
Chosen 2

I’m guessing 9v2 and marked are going to be the most popular but we’ll see. :stuck_out_tongue:

I can also add I just prefer larger games in general, larger being 13ish. I dont like bigger as too many ppl too much lurking etc, and smaller just isnt as enjoyable for me.

I don’t trust reliably getting 13 people without stupid downtime between games.
Slash 3 weeks just feels too long for a game?

Idk if we can all compromise on 9v2 I’ll make that work but I really don’t see 11v2 going well where we are now.

oh dw I’m in for whatever you pick, just talking ideals. I’m also gonna choose not to vote on setups because I’ll play anything.

Guessing you prefer 9v2 to marked though right?

yessir

fuck it
we’ll just do 2v9

Like this post if you’re happy with this outcome.
I’ll set it up soon.

Would people rather have “whole game lasts 12 days not counting nights” or “3+1 until 7p where it becomes 2+1”.

Both have 12 days of non-night time and will last max 17 days total, first gives more flexibility how much time goes into which lynch and less “be online at Eod” pressure.

idk personally best format is 48d/24n but that could just be me

Let’s do 1v100

With trivia

I always thought white flag seemed like a good ranked game.

i considered that.

my big problem with it is that i think the 3rd scum getting punished for his 2 partners fucking up feels meh.

Whatever setup you guys decide on, I am in. I don’t have enough experience to be all that critical about the possible variations.