Parity Cop 9'er (1, 2) OVER

I haven’t fully reread, was planning to do the rest on the train today. But I’d like time to combat dusk’s blitz here. And answer the questions

VOTE: Dusk

Firstly I want to address andres’ concerns before moving on with dusk.

The reason people at lylo don’t necessarily want to give reads before they have complete information to make an informed decision is that it allows scum to change their game plan because they have the opportunity to choose between 2 people to lynch. I included I did have a lean because I wanted to document I did and later explain it. This shouldn’t be a big deal especially with stipulations today I ended things early yesterday (I didn’t), so why the haste? Obviously you too had a lean andres bit for the same implicit reason you didnt say so earlier. Was yours different? Or did you genuinely not have an opinion? my lean at the time was dusk for reasons I’ll address in a separate post.

Next josh’s cop results weren’t and aren’t worthless. They are certainly worth trying to understand, even if we can’t gather perfect conclusions from them. For example it’s reasonable to say TN was a cop target. There’s plenty of evidence for it. Or do you not think so? I am reasonably sure you weren’t targeted and while I now know dusk certainly wasn’t, I never thought he was ever. So who then was the night 0 check? Well it’s either me or chesskid. There are reasons to believe it’s me and reasons to believe it isnt. I quite honestly can’t be sure, so if you conclude that should be tossed I’d think thats a reasonable conclusion, but that’s for you to investigate.

Since this keeps coming up I had no qualms and don’t regret ending the day early. And neither did anyone else, quite honestly. Probably even yourself. Did you really have more to say at that point that couldn’t be held for a potential lylo the next day?

Can you list which arguments I’ve been on the wrong side of? To me that’s a substitute for saying “not involved in any” because I my participation thus far in the game was minimal. That’s also a constant for me throughout most games I play. As for the arguments I have actually made, I stand by all of them. So please point out the ones that are “wrong” ones where you think I’ve intentionally obfuscated anything at all, purposely omitted information, or just in general think were scummy.

I’m coming into penn, so ill be delayed in further posting for a while while travelling

Sure.

I’m going to start here. You said yesterday that Dusk was Town (basically), while leaving the door open for changing your mind given how “sudden” his vote was for Star. I’ll note that I raised this exact issue D1, which is probably a hidden appeal to me.

Then, you basically say I’m cautious Town. So, out of all the players left in the game, you didn’t leave any room for error. It was Urist or bust, and it wasn’t Urist. I call this being on the wrong side of the argument. It’s also too certain. Even with all the shading Urist was going of me I still wasn’t sure.

This is essentially your conclusion of what was happening D1. Your conclusion here basically says Star is Town, Dusk is barking up the wrong tree. And then you don’t come back D1 at all.

I also get why TN isn’t here. Under pressure, Star voted TN. That probably spewed him Town, and I wouldn’t have voted there to end the game. Dusk is more likely than TN for me to turn against, and I think you saw that. He obviously turned against Chess after (in #577), but purely out of necessity.

I really should have just followed this. I’m rather annoyed we didn’t just mechanically lynch outside this group.

This appeal is also odd and doesn’t fit the narrative of Scum hard bussing Scum. Scum directly reaching out to someone to vote with them is a terrible look if you were successfully trying to have one player bus the other and not deviate from that for Town cred.

I mean this is some great theater if it’s Scum v. Scum.

Dan, one last chance. This is a high bar to overcome. And you are being horribly unconvincing.

Also, how can you not regret lynching Urist and ending the day early? It was wrong. I’m angry I helped push the game that way, and I didn’t even vote the guy.

Like saying “I haven’t made any arguments” is obfuscation. It’s demonstrably false. In fact I showed it to be false. Instead of acknowledging that you’ve gotten things wrong and why, you ask me to do the heavy lifting? I have to decide between you and Dusk, and your best runner is to look I haven’t taken any stances?

I’m going to wait for your post on why Dusk is Scum, but frankly, if you’re Town, this just isn’t good enough. I’ve seen you do better and I’m going to be sad if I’m screwing up because you can’t acknowledge the reasons you’ve constantly read the game wrong this time around. And no, this isn’t a Town trait. To get everything wrong and then go “well, I didn’t really participate” is trash.

Response is to say*

@ActionDan?

Daniel please post, I am so done with this game and just want it to end lol

@Andresvmb

Ok for real, after all this stalling, are you really going to hero vote me in any realm of imagination? My play has been far townier than Dan’s all game, and I have been more wildly townread from all the dead villagers. This is dragging on so much and it feels like we are waiting for nothing endlessly. Dan clearly isn’t bothered and it looks like to me he has accepted he has lost, He is probably going to try use this as me rushing you, but c’mon. I don’t really believe you would ever actually vote me over Dan after how this game has gone, and if you did it would be a hard throw because the decision doesn’t have to be this hard.

VOTE: ActionDan

1 Like

@Ellibereth that is hammer

Town wins.
I’m on a bus so more later.

5 Likes

Yay go team

OwO what’s this

Good. So I didn’t screw it all up.

Maintaining that perfect Elo I see.

Good job Dusk. I’m glad you were Town - you played great.

1 Like

Yeah, wp.

I was really hoping to roll town here.

1 Like

Thank you, I understood the paranoia final day lmao. I think Dan was always going to be lynched realistically at that point.

1 Like

well said most of this in dead thread but i’ll sum it up again here

1. I had a n0 on chesskid. Not… who I would have chosen, but it is what it is. So coming into day 2, my only clear was tn.
  2. I tried to fish for a second clear, so the game would be auto. It was losable if Andres or Urist were scum. Both did have bad associations with StarV on paper.
  3. Yes, I had close to lock town reads on Andres and Urist, and a full one on Dusk, so maybe I should have claimed. However, not everybody did, as evidenced by Urist tunnelling Andres. I was trying to not play a solo game and rely off my reads. Fuck all of you saying I “threw” - I will get to my errors later, but that’s just lazy.
  4. Lynching DS -> Dan was always right. I tried to soft my inno on tn as hard as I could. Urist was the only person who actually looked at what could be crumbs in my posts, and he got lynched anyways.
  5. My error was not making it clear enough I didn’t cop Dan. That could have lost the game. I fake softed an inno on Andres near the beginning of the day because I was that sure he was town, but I decided to drop that because certain people disagreed and I didn’t want to risk throwing. I think if anybody looked at my day 1 progression into day 2, it would have been very clear that tn was at least 1 of my cop checks - I went from EoD hard scum reading him to start of day lock town reading him.
  6. I hate playing as PR. Hate it. I definitely overacted the vt role and made it obvious I was cop, oops.

I just want to say this for the future: if you are unsure who the cop checked, and/or there are conflicting crumbs, do not just guess. pretend you had no cop and it was mountainous if you are unsure. the fact everybody had different ideas on who I copped means that it wasn’t clear enough, which is my fault, but don’t just try to roll with it and then say “lol well cop was gamethrowing if i’m wrong w.e”.

good game all. well played. i hope you like the site @Duskfall98 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah there just wasn’t a way I turn against you here. The way that D1 went really cleared you in my head and I could never form a coherent argument (and trust me, I tried) as to why you would be Scum or end in this position. If anything, I found it straight up odd that you were still alive. Which is the only thing that fed into my paranoia. But I think I was okay losing against you as Scum. I wasn’t okay with losing against Dan given how the game flowed. There just wasn’t a way I could clear Dan enough that I would take a hard look at what you had done. So I just didn’t.

Yay.

oh one more thing

because of my misplay, Dan, you could have easily won this. a simple push “he kept calling me the cop to signify I was the cop check” would have been enough if you played it better, haha. you had to be completely confident you were cleared, and be mad people were lynching a cop check. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like