Musical Mafia

Also, scum didn’t NK on N1 which sort of sucked for me 🤷

The Primary Roles

Elli

Pretentious Soviet: In every post, you have to condescend to or mildly insult someone. If you don’t, you get sent to the gulag. In addition, at night you can choose someone to inspire with music. That person will get a boost to their ability thanks to your inspirational message of communism for all

Mantis

You Can Never Leave: Once per game, you can target another player at night. The following day that player won’t be able to talk in thread normally, instead they will have to communicate entirely in lyrics from Hotel California. Use your power wisely.

Urist

Sad And Lonely: Starting D2 you will only be able to vote for dead players. The exception is on LYLO, when you can vote as normal. If you convince enough people to vote for a dead player that they’re the leading vote receiver at EOD, something will happen to them! What will happen? It’s a mystery!

DS

Attention Hungry: You are so desperate for attention, any attention will do! If you go a full day/night cycle (as in, D1 and N1, D2 and N2, etc.) without collecting a vote or being targeted by a night action you will literally die. Literally. I mean it. Seriously. Dead as a doornail. (or maybe you’ll just go to rehab and make a miraculous recovery the next day, who can really say?)

Andres part one

Crazy Insane, Got No Brain: You’re insane! Unfortunately, that means you don’t even know where you’re voting. At the end of every day your vote will be counted as for a randomized player. You may still vote as normal throughout the day, but the final count will include the randomized vote, and your votes throughout the day will not effect the randomization in any way. Man that sucks. But wait, it’s not all bad! Cause you also have:

Andres part two

" Purple Pills: Once per game, at night, you can choose to dose everyone with purple pills. This will alter the game state significantly and may effect or change the role of yourself and/or other players.

M2H

YouTube Sensation: On a day of your choosing, you can choose to record a new song and release it at the start of that night. If greater than half the players watch it in the night (they’ll be presented with a yes/no option, but will not be told what it does), you can’t be TKed the following day.

Tier

Terrible Taste: You have such terrible taste, nobody will hang out with you any more! So sad. Fortunately for you, this has given you time to perfect the art of trapping people in conversations about thoroughly mediocre bands! On a night of your choosing, you can handicap someone by trapping them and having a long drawn out conversation about the “brilliancy” of Linkin Park. The result of this conversation? The following day they’ll have to include “Hail Linkin Park” in their posts, and more importantly, they won’t be able to vote for you because they’ll be too busy avoiding you!

StarV

New To Music: What are these enchanting sounds? What do they mean? Why do they make my heart feel like it’s both flying and going to explode at the same time? These are questions you ask yourself at night, laying awake in bed and pondering the meaning of the universe. So what are you going to do about it? Go out and find some music, of course! On N1 you can target a player, and copy their love of music. Unfortunately, you’ll also have to kill them. You wouldn’t want it looking like you’re a loser copycat, after all.

Better than them NKing you, that would’ve been a hilarious end to the game.

Why didnt elli get sent to the gulag he wasnt pretentious enough

Purple Pill Roles

M2H/StarV

You’re Paranoid as hell, man. They’re out to get you. Who is they? Them, man, THEM! You’re so paranoid, you want to kill just about everyone! After all, you never know who could be the one that finally gets you. On D3 only, your vote works in reverse–whomever your vote is on at EOD will be the one person you’re NOT voting for, and a vote from you will be counted for every other living player in the game.

Mantis

What’s this funny feeling…is it…could it be…ah yes, it’s the sweet sweet feeling of drugs. What drugs? Who cares! Communication is so important, you know what I mean? Like, it’s, like, the foundation for everything, dude! That’s rad as hell. But, like, what if we could only communicate through song lyrics? Wouldn’t that be crazy? But when you think about it, there’s, like, no purer form of communication, man. During D3 you may only speak in song lyrics. These can be real lyrics or ones you make up, but if you make them up they must recognizably take the shape of a song.

Urist

Yeah man, you are! But luckily for you, being high is the key to unlocking your clairvoyant powers. You can pick one dead player at any time during the day to have day chat with (just let me know here and I’ll set it up via discord or private topic). Who knew being high would unlock so much potential! Trippy stuff, man

Andres

As a frequent stoner and user of various drug paraphernalia and such, in a world where everyone is high you have the advantage–much like the Hulk, your secret is that you’re always high. Not only can you vote normally, but you’re also strapped and just crazy enough to shoot straightish–you’re a one shot day vig that can shoot a player at any time by saying Pumped my shotgun, [Player X] didn’t jump, lala la la lala la laa and tagging me in the post.

I didn’t bother writing out the fancy role PMs for dead players, but the roles would’ve been:

Elli: has to be extremely complimentary.
Tier: has one extra vote counted against him because of how hip and cool he is and that makes others jealous.
DS: dies if there’s a vote on him at EOD.
Didn’t bother coming up with a purple pill world for Star’s role if he’d stayed 3p tbh, cause I saw that as very unlikely to happen.

The GM is kind and merciful. He was trying his poor little heart out.

(and/or watching Elli squirm about being modkilled is entertaining. Definitely one of those.)

1 Like

So Andres didn’t know he was a Vig until Day 3?

Andres wasn’t a vig until D3

Night actions:

N1

Star kills M2H and assumes his role and scum alignment. M2H releases his hit single Semen Analysis Paralysis, and it takes off. Elli doesn’t find anyone worth motivating and does nothing. Scum don’t NK because…I’m actually still confused why tbh, but they never submitted a kill. Mantis decides Urist doesn’t appreciate the Eagles enough.

N2

Star NKs DS, Andres pops some pills and decides to share the wealth.

Thanks for playing guys–sorry the flips were a bit erratic timewise, my schedule is weird and unpredictable right now. I appreciate your patience, and hope you enjoyed yourselves!

2 Likes

r/brandnewsentences

1 Like

what would have happened if we’d lynched m2h d2?

He would’ve been able to talk in thread the following day, but he wouldn’t have counted towards parity or been able to vote.

I regret not playing this

2 Likes