Musical Mafia

THIS WAS THE OG ACTION MUSIC IMBECILE.

Mine is:

This is turning into that game where you guess who submitted which song.

Except there’s no guessing clown.
mother russia etc.

YOU VERY AGGRESSIVE NO?

Wouldn’t call myself a fan, but I’ve definitely got a celeb crush on her

btw im going to send everybody a really weird message tonight and you need to say yes to it its important.

WOW

is the question “can you feel the love tonight?”

im going to make up a funny song title and you guys have to agree to watch it.

I suppose now is as good a time as ever to delve into a debate over which is the best orchestral piece in the greatest television series known to man. Yes, I am talking about the cultural phenomenon that shook the foundations of modern media across every genre, the 2004 remake of Battlestar Galactica. This series is known for its expert writing and fluid plot twists, but its sound symphonic melodies are a wonder of their own. When you have the chance, I invite you all to sit down, grab a glass of ice cold milk, and breathe in the magnum opus that is the complete soundtrack for seasons 1 - 4 of Battlestar Galactica; but for now, we will analyze but two of these great orchestral masterworks.

The first song we’ll delve into today is Prelude to War, a song that successfully captures the cacophony swirling both within and without a soldier before his first battle. The piece begins by introducing the snare drums that followers of the soundtrack might already be well-acquainted with. The snares in this work represent the fluttering heartbeat and dancing thoughts of the nascent warrior. Soon, we are met with a string quartet, which gets dropped on us as ungracefully as you might expect our protagonist to be dropped into a briefing room. In addition, we can hear a steady bass drum beat every few seconds - this bass drum represents the ever-present threat lurking just outside, desperately trying to beat its way in to consume the warrior. Throughout the piece, our string quartet frantically competes with its antagonist, and frequent lulls in the action draw the listener into a false sense of security before the next sortie. Perhaps the only criticism one might make about this work of art is that it does not finish on a happy note; the quartet limps to the end and is ultimately overtaken by percussion. But hope is not lost, for the title suggests that this battle is only the beginning.

Another contender for top spot is this song from season four: Kara Remembers. This is a much shorter work, but that does not diminish its beauty in any way. This song represents the sensation of coming across an old memory, of kneading it gently, coaxing your neurons into relinquishing their grasp on a key piece of information from a long-forgotten past. The first half of this song captures this sensation beautifully, and as I listen I can nearly feel as if it’s pulling on a dusty old thread from the back of my brain, playfully twirling it around its fingers but never quite pulling on that thread. And then halfway into the song comes the sudden realization, the point where everything fits together and the pieces begin to fall into place… and eventually, you realize that perhaps you would have been better off leaving that sleeping memory where it lay.

I hope you guys enjoyed my critical analysis of these well-known works by the musical genius Bear McCreary. If you liked my essay and are interested in reading more, don’t forget to SMASH that like button, and subscribe to my channel: Uriloquy!! Peace out!

3 Likes

didnt read it and probably won’t

doesn’t sound like the words of someone who wants affirmative answers to a question tonight does it? :thinking:

ok didn’t read it but probably will

this is a good song, he must have been inspired by the god of science fiction orchestra, Bear McCreary.

2 Likes

Elli is trying on a new scum meta.

VOTE: Ellibereth

Andres is town, we are a town block.

This really is how you’re going to approach every game isn’t it?

Am I wrong about you?

I mean there’s nothing wrong with going for a town block PoE everygame, it’s a playstyle preference and if it works it works.

you ukrainian whore.