Miscellany uPick (Mod Notes)

Yep, but that just means she can’t do a kill on night 2 and then again on day 3. Which is impossible with her role anyway.
If it isn’t clear, Vizzy can use her abilities during the night or day.

Ah. makes sense.

Since 11 v 2 mountainous is supposedly balanced, I tried designing the scum roles to allow them to counter almost all the town roles, if they played well, even if alone. Do you think I succeeded there? Do you see either faction getting steamrolled by an unlucky sequence of events?

The only other roles I’d like you to take a look at are Srceenplay’s and pyx’s.
I’m worried that Srceen’s CBR ability might give him a little too much insight into the game. I’m also worried that there will be next to no incentive to use any of the one-shots below Pulsar. What do you think?
For pyx, I’m worried that the role might be too weak and annoying to play, especially the part about being a lynch-bodyguard. Do you think it looks like a fun role to play, or just cumbersome?

I thought pyx’s role was interesting. It rewards good reads and good persuasion. Given pyx’s approach to the game, it’s a challenge given how dependent he is on what other players do.

Is this how his role works? Target player A to join pack and target player B for a contingent kill if 2 other pack members also target player B?

It seems like the possibility of dying in place of a pack mate might cause him to play the other abilities sub-optimally.

Could do something like let him govern the lynch of a pack mate.

That’s a possibility, but scum also have the potential to gain a lot of insight into the game.

Have you calculated the min/max amount of CBR he can accumulate after night 1, night 2, etc? How many nights would it take to gain pulsar ability?

Have you thought about what would happen to balance if one of the scum players gets day 1 lynched?

True, he could simply autogovern the first of his packmates to die. I guess there’s not really a good balance reason to kill him off in that passive, really.

For Screen, you could put a requirement that he use the lowest power ability first before moving to the next, or something like that, if he would earn enough to buy pulsar after n1?

The earliest he could gain Pulsar is at the end of n2, meaning he can’t use it until n3. I think that’s ok. The earliest he could use Zodiac is n5, if he hasn’t used anything other than CBR.

I think scum are in a lot of trouble in that situation regardless of which roles I put into the game. I’ve definitely tried to make the roles as utilitarian as possible so that they don’t get their kills blocked every night.
If Vizzy is killed d1, that leaves MS with (best case scenario) 4 nights to get through, and he’ll only be able to Accelerate on 3 of them.
Vizzy shouldn’t have any role problems if MS is killed, her role is definitely solid.

Ah, rereading, Srceenplay doesn’t actually expend points earned by CBR to buy an ability.

Would he be able to use Star on Night 1, since it’s zero to 15 targets?

No, since he gains the abilities at the end of each night.
If he is blocked, though, he would still gain Star despite seeing 0 targets with CBR.

If you want to nerf the insights aspect of his role, you could eliminate part of the info he gets - either the number of actions or the number of targets.

True. I think I’ll do that, remove the number of abilities.

Are you using NAR? What action takes precedence over all others? Can Impulse’s redirect be roleblocked? What about the accelerate ability? How does that interact with redirect?

NAR, yup.
I would say that the initial redirect action can be blocked, and does not count as a redirect in itself.
Once the redirect is set up, it acts like a passive ability and cannot be blocked. Since it is not an action, Accelerate does not go through it.

So a roleblocked action isn’t expended and can be used another night?

(just asking this stuff so you know for sure what you’re going to do ahead of time)

Usually I say that a blocked one-shot action is gone for good. I think that fits well here as well, since all the blockers and one-shots are town anyway.

All roles have flavour now yayyy now I can pass out. :sleeping:

1 Like