Microtown (9p)

This setup was created by callforjudgement: https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=10780185#p10780185

• Microtown is a 9-player game using the Smalltown mechanic: there are 36 possible setups, each of which has the same roles, but a different assignment of alignments to roles (each assignment of 7 town and 2 scum is possible).

• Each player’s role (but not alignment, obviously) is confirmed by the moderator at the start of the game. Roles will be assigned via a draft that happens AFTER players recieve their alignments. (see post 2).

• Mafia members automatically get the Multitasking modifier, allowing them to perform a kill and a night action at the same time.

• Normal phase sequence and kills (i.e. Day Start, scum have a factional kill).

• Scum win by killing the entire town, and vice versa; play beyond 50% is possible if town have a power role combination that could potentially allow them to eliminate all the scum first, despite not outnumbering them.

• The roles are as follows:

• Night 3 Vigilante
    • 1-shot Roleblocker
    • Personal Redirector (investigative roles get “your target”-style results, so won’t know they’ve been redirected; targets both the player being redirected and the player being redirected onto, thus can’t redirect onto the Ascetic)
    • Rolestopper
    • Ascetic Alien Babysitter: all actions aimed directly at the Babysitter’s target fail (not just kills), but if the Babysitter dies overnight, so does their target
    • Night 2 Informed (informed of the alignment of a randomly selected living townie, not counting themself, at the end of night 2)
    • Traffic Analyst (always gets “can communicate” on the Messenger, thus will likely investigate someone else)
    • Unlimited Messenger; can send an unlimited number of private messages to other players, day or night, but the recipients cannot respond privately (they’ll have to respond in-thread or not at all)
    • Doublevoter (the variant which casts one vote and it’s given double weight in the voting)
  • Action resolution is Reasonable Action Resolution. That gives the following resolutions for loops of manipulatives:

• Rolestopper, Babysitter target the same player: both actions fail, other actions targeting that player succeed
    • Redirector attempts to redirects actions onto a target who’s rolestopped or babysat (but not both): redirection fails, actions target their original target
    • Redirector attempts to redirect actions of a target who’s rolestopped or babysat (but not both): redirection fails, actions target their original target
    • Roleblocker attempts to block a player who’s rolestopped or babysat (but not both): roleblock fails, that player’s actions go through
    • Redirector attempts to redirect the Rolestopper or Babysitter onto a new target: redirection succeeds, unless the other rolestopping role targeted one of the Redirector’s targets
    • Redirector attempts to redirect the Rolestopper or Babysitter onto their current target: the redirection has no effect
    • Redirector attempts to redirect the Roleblocker, who is roleblocking someone else: redirection succeeds
    • Redirector attempts to redirect the Roleblocker, who is blocking the Redirector: redirection fails, the Roleblocker blocks the Redirector and not anyone else

Players:
@chesskid3
@Srceenplay
@StarV
@GuyinFreezer
@DS
@NotMafia

The Draft:

After there’s an order ppl pick roles one by one.

In

In

and uh, we can do 72/24 with our usual plurality thing (more votes wins, scum breaks ties).

/in

you guys read fucking fast it took me so long to get wtf was going on

Implying we read

1 Like

@GuyinFreezer

Wait so when you say a draft you mean that #1 seed gets to pick first etc etc right

yes

and uh, no discussion then
other than scum’s private discussion.

Can we meme

So I should read something?

Are names assigned to order picks?

SAVE MY SPOT
/IN

in

didnt read anything

Oh by the way I’m gonna warn y’all right now right this moment.

1 is my number and if any of you duckers chooses 1 in draft I’m going to make your life miserable the entire Day 3.

1 Like

what you mean

Is pick order secret or everyone knows who picks when?