Marked for Death

Do our post game rules apply in ranked?

Yeah

I mean, I posted more on D1 than StarV posted throughout the game.

I agree there should be some rating motivation for scum to live longer that’s separate from the ordered list. Why I moved away from true skill is that I realized how the final ratings are calculated can make or break some strategies. It’s a fairly interesting problem…

I’m also sympathetic to Star’s thinking which was probably that the game was practically lost given a d1 scum lynch probabilitically.

Also I feel that all this talk about ELO made up more of the meat of the game than actually playing the damn game.

Jake keep these in mind please

We still managed to go 2/2 so I think it worked out :woman_shrugging:

I think its fine. The goal of the game is to outrank people and kill scum. The people who talked about it did both.

I am stating facts. I am not saying whether someone’s play was good or bad

Yeah but they were so entrenched in it that people were actually threatening others to drain their ELO for not voting the right way.

I don’t see the issue, in particular since regardless of threat the person who’s right comes out ahead.

I mean, if the town comes down on you with a vengance without actually lynching you, then that’s abusing the system to threaten others to stay in line or perish.

if you’re town the people voting you our hurting themselves more than they’re hurting you, assuming you’re correct. It’s part of the game.

You have one ringleader who uses their influence on others without actually voting them themselves.

The most important thing as town is to vote correctly yeah

Being voted for can hurt in the margins, like GKB and Seth being on me D1 was the difference between me and M2, but that hurts them more than it hurts me

Yay worst Town!

3 Likes

That’s fine, again, players making in game threats seems like a feature not a bug.

In any case, talk about the ELO one will gain/lose while in the game feels like fluffposting, only this fluff feels like it might have content.

Why should it be a feature? You make others lose ELO because you don’t like them.

You can have your own theory on what is and isn’t useful but I don’t find what you consider fluff undesirable. People talking about the weather can be more alignment indicative than them talking about reads. :man_shrugging: