M17 “Gold Rush” Game Signups (15p)

I actually could do that with the roles that were planned to be used. Only the janitor would need some tweaking in order to be a viable role for both side. As well as a contingency if a role goes unclaimed. That would most definitely help with the balance and limit the number of auto clears (which is the main problem currently). If this will fix it then I can start thinking of ways to implement it.

May want to tweak spy too if you do that

1 Like

Game setup update:
(This will included in the original post as well)

Balance changes:

• All above roles will be added to a role draft. To assign roles pre-game each player will select two numbers from 1-15. Highest unique number will be rewarded with the first overall pick. The second number is used to break ties of the first in the same manner. Once each player is given a draft they will request one of the unique PR’s present in the game. (Expect for the case listed in point 4 of this post)

• The janitor role will change to inform the janitor of the role and alignment of who ever they clean but if this player is killed or eliminated from the game any future day or night (including the night cleaned) their role card will be revealed as blank.

• The spy role will change to instead of just being information on mafia. The spy will select three unique PR’s from the game each night, they will informed on any motion of those PR’s execute that night (mafia faction kill could be included if that kill is executed by one of the PR’s selected).

• To ensure that all PR’s are present in the game starting from draft rank 11 each player will list one extra PR in a tier list instead of just an individual PR selection. For example if I was in slot 13 I would submit a list with 4 PR’s listed.

1. PR w
  2. PR x
  3. PR y
  4. PR z

I’m picking 15 15, come at me bro

Please do not share your draft numbers in the sign up page

1 Like

Is the role/alignment revealed to the janitor even if the player stays alive?

Yes

1 Like

Count me /in

3 Likes

:open_mouth:

Whoa it’s been forever

How you been?

Just to confirm your spot click the “in” button at the top of the page.

Update regarding game start:

48 hours will be given for each pregame action submitting numbers and submitting roles. These periods will be started by the sending of role cards and then the posting of the game thread. The 48 hours can be shorted if all participants submit ahead of time to get the game started sooner. Day will still always start at (13:00ADT/noonEDT/09:00PDT) following the completion of the role draft (with some sense to it; ie day will not start 5 minutes after roles are sent out) and day one will not be before the 21.

Since we are still waiting on players and I will like to play soon. I do encourage you (if you have not done so already) to reach out if you know of anyone else that has an interest in playing. I personally have depleted my methods of contacting people for this game so now I am turning to you for help.

woah it’s been a while

anyways /in although I will miss most if not all of the first 12 hours of the game most likely

2 Likes

note this does not mean I endorse the setup

I haven’t looked at it

y’all just cool

wow haven’t looked at this in a while…

3 Likes

I’ve been pretty good
I totally forgot about this until it was posted on the fantasy first discord server
What rule changes have there been since I was last here?

2 Likes

uh

idk but I think we’ve probably gotten a bit better about not having hosts chat so much?

That’s good when people are just starting out but less so as people get more into things on their own