Lights Out: Dr. McNinja Army of One - Mafia Win

I do think its interesting that a lot of people seem to view game theoretic misplays as “worse” than game-play (read) misplays.

@Cantripmancer run again?

So the first time I ran this, the scum wincon was “You win when all town players are dead.” That felt a little high of a bar, so I went with “equal or outnumber” this game. I realize there were other factors in play here, though, and ultimately, even had I gone with the original, it would have played out the same in this situation.

I found it interesting that deflections were so completely dismissed (but I’ve only scratched the surface of game theory, so I’ll have to take your word for it), especially since on MTGS, they were used, and effectively.

Regardless, thanks for letting me cut my teeth on hosting here. I had fun; I hope you all did, too. (Although it felt really weird to run a game that took less than a real life day…) I’m always open to (and appreciative of) feedback on setup modification recommendations, modding, flavor, etc.

@Ellibereth I’d be open to running it again, pending thoughts on optimal mafia wincon.

1 Like

I mean, not really? Like, starting from “these people are probably town” is just how you play. If the game hadn’t been cut short through some bad hipfiring choices, I was already moving towards scumreading Elli. So. Didn’t put town on my shoulders but also don’t think this loss is on me tbh :woman_shrugging:

i think as is is fine

1 Like

Well, I think the reason for that is that misplays like hipfire make the latter (reads) objectively harder which generally leads to lesser results.

nah this loss is on all of you

1 Like

Not saying it is tbh

:3

It’s late, so I’m going to bed. I’ll post another round of signups tomorrow if people are interested (or someone else can if desired).

The only game that mafia won on this forum had mafias who are capable of banning people whenever they want.
Hmmmmm

1 Like

No this was 1 show only

Not the only! 8%!

1 Like

Is the 8% a real thing?

No idts

Wp

Ha this aged well.

You blaming DS and Tier after shooting me is quite rich.

Also, @Ellibereth and @chesskid3 well done. You had me fooled there.

You know what they say though…

1 Like

Literally haven’t paid attention to the game since I knifed ds. Idk what you mean an order.