Yeah I would play if

1. I had that much free time
  2. I understood the setup
  3. I could speak english well
  4. I had a webcam
  5. I could play in a silent place
1 Like

what is the buy in?

Haha there’s no buy-in :stuck_out_tongue: You just come and play your best. We (the organizers) are funding the prizes ourselves.

How long (real time-wise) do these games typically last?

~45 minutes each.

I could probably do this, but I’d have to be in the first game every time. Otherwise it’ll make me late for work!

Is that something that’s feasible, or am I SOL?

anything non competive in the works?

Is this game is avaliable as a card game?

Also how do neutral lovers win the game? By surviving?

That should be fine. How tight is your schedule. I’d guess there occasionally might be a ±10 min delay because of human error but I’m sure @activatedalien and co will try their best to remain on schedule.

There’s a test session this Sunday at 9pm EST. Do you think you can make it?

As far as I’m aware Liars Club is not planning on running any casual online event. I’d be happy to run a casual community/cross-community event if enough people want it and we can find an agreeable set of times. :slight_smile:

Not commercially available if at all. (@activatedalien can correct me if I’m wrong). I’m sure if they’re sufficiently successful they’ll eventually release a real version. In the meantime mapping normal playing cards to roles should work.

TT pair wins with town.
MM pair wins with mafia.
TM pair wins by being the last team standing.
TA and SA pairs win by being the last team standing OR by having the Alien win as they would have alone.

I actually saw a test game of this on mafiauniverse

Yeah, that was going to be run by the people organizing this. I think (again might be wrong) it’s not happening anymore.

Oh it was 2 weeks ago yeah

Is there a list of players/communities involved?

No text-based community (except for us) has confirmed players as far as I’m aware. I know they’ve reached out a bunch though.

I don’t have the complete list of communities, but the ones that I know of are Video Mafia groups (Mafia All Stars, Daily Mafia, Mini Mafia, etc.) along with Live Mafia Clubs (mostly from universities).

The organizers should eventually have a list.

Loose enough for a 15 minute buffer on either side.

I have a scheduling conflict this Sunday (didn’t know this was gonna be a thing!) unfortunately, but I can make future test games, if there will be any.

Our clubs use real custom playing cards that look exactly like the cards on the first page of the booklet (http://bit.ly/hungarian_setup). Unfortunately they are not commercially available yet.

Yup plenty of test games. There’s a whole preseason between October 1 and October 15 dedicated to helping people practice this format and setup.