Gladiator Smalltown Mafia

So, my goal is to get 9-13 players for a Smalltown setup, all weapons will be selected prior to alignments being randomized. I will release the list of available weapons once it seems likely that we will get a game.

Absolutely 0 tolerance for AtE.

I’ve got a special, delightful twist on mafia for you with all of the chaos of gladiators. First, a trip to the armory, here are the arms which you will be drafting at the start of the game. The draft occurs before alignments are handed out.

Andabata Blindfold + Dagger

Each arena battle phase, you will randomly target a player, you won’t know who it is. During the day, you are a double voter.

Bestiarius - Beasts

Each arena battle phase, you may target a player, if that player receives a majority vote, they will bill role-blocked instead of eliminated. You may not use this action on consecutive arena battle phases. If this action is self-targetted, there is a 50% chance of immediate death, mafia team members count as self-targeting.

Cestus - Unarmed

Each arena battle phase, track a player. If that player receives a majority vote, you will be eliminated instead.

Dimachaerus - Two Swords

Each arena battle phase, you may target two players or prevent one player from targeting you.

Eques - Horseman

Each arena battle phase, you may watch a player. You may not watch the same player on consecutive arena battle phases.

Essedarius - War-Chariot

Each arena battle phase, you may target two players as a bus driver, redirecting actions between them. Actions targeting these players will not be informed of the redirect

Hoplomachus - Gladius + Buckler

Each arena battle phase, you may redirect actions from one player to one other player.

Laquearius - Lasso + Dagger

Each arena battle phase, you may roleblock a player.

Murmillo - Heavy Armor

You must be targetted twice in order to be eligible for day elimination

Provocator - Gladius + Shield

Each arena battle phase, you may prevent one player from targeting you. Once per game, during the Execution Phase, a gladiator action may be used against any player in the game, you are one of two players who may use this action.

Retiarius - Weighted Net + Trident

Each arena battle phase, you may jail keep a player.

Sagittarius - Mounted Bow

Each Execution Phase, you may target a player

Scissor - 2 Bladed Sword

Each arena battle phase, you may target a player. If that player is not eliminated during the Execution Phase, they become marked for death.

Thraex - Sica + Shield

Each arena battle phase, you may prevent one player from targeting you. Once per game, during the Execution Phase, a gladiator action may be used against any player in the game, you are one of two players who may use this action.

Veles - Spear

Each arena battle phase, you may target one player. Once per game, at arena battle phase, you may mark a player for death, you become a Cestus.

Playing & Winning

All gladiators seek to become Rudiarius, if you are worthy, the Emperor will hand you a wooden sword as a symbol of your freedom. Gladiators beware, as I have assigned Roman legionnaires to ensure that none of you see that freedom. It is up to you to find them, and defeat them in the arena!

The game is made of two phases, the Arena Battle Phase (Night), and the Execution Phase (Day). During the Arena Battle Phase, all Gladiators will submit their targets, this is the phase where the glory is won and gladiators best their opponents in combat… Though Gladiators are not permitted to kill during this phase, the Legionnaires have been assigned orders to do just that. During the Execution Phase, only players who have been targetted will be eligible for execution, the Emperor has graciously delegated this decision to you, the gladiators.

Be wary, Legionnaires can return to the armory exchanging their current role for a 1-shot ability of any role in the game, once per game abilities cannot be used in this way. The factional kill ability held by the Legionnaires must be used once per Arena Battle Phase.

The Emperor has no love for democracy, so if a majority cannot be reached during the Execution Phase, the Emperor himself will decide who is to be killed.

The Emperor is also willing to promote any Gladiator to Rudiarius if they successfully combat & kill a Roman Legionnaire, he leaves this decision in the hands of the remaining Legionnaire(s). If a player is promoted in such a manner, they immediately exit the game with a victory. This action is only permitted if it does not end the game, the games must go on!

The Gladiators win if all Roman Legionnaires are eliminated
The Roman Legionnaires win if all of the Gladiators have been eliminated, or if nothing can prevent this outcome

1 Like

In

2 Likes

in with heavy slank cover

im in
inviting a couple cd peeps

in but I won’t be terribly active

I’ll have to out if it starts this week

This is clearly but a pale imitation of :b:olosseum Mafia. Nevertheless, I submit my application to compete in your stadium.

1 Like

Only gladiator I want to be is Thor, Hulk or Russell Crowe

Did i ever tell you guys about the hot blonde i met at the Colosseum?
I gladly ate 'er

Well, we have to fill the game & do the draft, so it won’t start until next week - but the draft might get around to you before next week, in which case you can take any time you need to pick (within reason).

1 Like

In it to win it slank heavily

1 Like

Also fuck the romans even tho I am Batiatus

Am I gonna have to actually pay attention

1 Like

I have not made any assurances to any of the invites over player quality.

6 Likes

What is ‘player quality?’

Exactly

so if provacator or thraex uses the gladiator action on a legionnaire then they leave with a victory?

or am I misunderstanding how this mechanic works

Sorry in this context I’m not referring to the gladiator action specifically, but gladiator being the town flavor. So anyone who targets mafia resulting in mafia dying can be awarded a victory by the mafia team. This is so that Mafia can remove confirmed townies from the game, but also have the option of wifom or bussing.

1 Like

@chesskid3
@dunya
@EricH
@falcon45ca
@gellnick
@Key
@Nanook
@orangeandblack5
@Quin
@Squirrel2412
@Srceenplay
@Urist

I’ve got one more placeholder spot that I’ll include in the rand because I’m waiting on one or two responses. I’ll start the draft sometime today, and we’ll get the rand out this weekend for starting the game probably… Monday next week.

5 Likes

@Andresvmb

Oh nvm it’s already full?