Gladiator Smalltown Mafia - OVER

Absolutely 0 tolerance for AtE.

I’ve got a special, delightful twist on mafia for you with all of the chaos of gladiators. First, a trip to the armory, here are the arms which you will be drafting at the start of the game. The draft occurs before alignments are handed out.

Orangeandblack Andabata Blindfold + Dagger

Each arena battle phase, you will randomly target a player, you won’t know who it is. During the day, you are a double voter.

Squirrel Bestiarius - Beasts

Each arena battle phase, you may target a player, if that player receives a majority vote, they will bill role-blocked instead of eliminated. You may not use this action on consecutive arena battle phases. If this action is self-targetted, there is a 50% chance of immediate death, mafia team members count as self-targeting.

Cestus - Unarmed

Each arena battle phase, track a player. If that player receives a majority vote, you will be eliminated instead.

Falcon45ca Dimachaerus - Two Swords

Each arena battle phase, you may target two players or prevent one player from targeting you.

Key Eques - Horseman

Each arena battle phase, you may watch a player. You may not watch the same player on consecutive arena battle phases.

Srceenplay Essedarius - War-Chariot

Each arena battle phase, you may target two players as a bus driver, redirecting actions between them. Actions targeting these players will not be informed of the redirect

gellnick Hoplomachus - Gladius + Buckler

Each arena battle phase, you may redirect actions from one player to one other player.

Laquearius - Lasso + Dagger

Each arena battle phase, you may roleblock a player.

EricH Murmillo - Heavy Armor

You must be targetted twice in order to be eligible for day elimination

Chesskid Provocator - Gladius + Shield

Each arena battle phase, you may prevent one player from targeting you. Once per game, during the Execution Phase, a gladiator action may be used against any player in the game, you are one of two players who may use this action.

Andres Retiarius - Weighted Net + Trident

Each arena battle phase, you may jail keep a player.

Quin Sagittarius - Mounted Bow

Each Execution Phase, you may target a player

Nanook Scissor - 2 Bladed Sword

Each arena battle phase, you may target a player. If that player is not eliminated during the Execution Phase, they become marked for death.

Dunya Thraex - Sica + Shield

Each arena battle phase, you may prevent one player from targeting you. Once per game, during the Execution Phase, a gladiator action may be used against any player in the game, you are one of two players who may use this action.

Urist Veles - Spear

Each arena battle phase, you may target one player. Once per game, at arena battle phase, you may mark a player for death, you become a Cestus.

Playing & Winning

All gladiators seek to become Rudiarius, if you are worthy, the Emperor will hand you a wooden sword as a symbol of your freedom. Gladiators beware, as I have assigned Roman legionnaires to ensure that none of you see that freedom. It is up to you to find them, and defeat them in the arena!

The game is made of two phases, the Arena Battle Phase (Night), and the Execution Phase (Day). During the Arena Battle Phase, all Gladiators will submit their targets, this is the phase where the glory is won and gladiators best their opponents in combat… Though Gladiators are not permitted to kill during this phase, the Legionnaires have been assigned orders to do just that. During the Execution Phase, only players who have been targetted will be eligible for execution, the Emperor has graciously delegated this decision to you, the gladiators.

Be wary, Legionnaires can return to the armory exchanging their current role for a 1-shot ability of any role in the game, once per game abilities cannot be used in this way. The factional kill ability held by the Legionnaires must be used once per Arena Battle Phase.

The Emperor has no love for democracy, so if a majority cannot be reached during the Execution Phase, the Emperor himself will decide who is to be killed.

The Emperor is also willing to promote any Gladiator to Rudiarius if they successfully combat & kill a Roman Legionnaire, he leaves this decision in the hands of the remaining Legionnaire(s). If a player is promoted in such a manner, they immediately exit the game with a victory. This action is only permitted if it does not end the game, the games must go on!

The Gladiators win if all Roman Legionnaires are eliminated
The Roman Legionnaires win if all of the Gladiators have been eliminated, or if nothing can prevent this outcome

@Key please select your role by posting the role name in bold

Day 0 discussion is permitted, There will be N0 actions, so at a base, understanding that night actions impact who is eligible for day eliminations is important.

No role can be selected twice.

@Andresvmb
@chesskid3
@dunya
@EricH
@falcon45ca
@gellnick
@Key
@Nanook
@orangeandblack5
@Quin
@Squirrel2412
@Srceenplay
@Urist

Alignments have not been handed out yet, that will occur N0 after the draft is complete.

Quick question on how the draft works: Is it post-in-thread-when pinged, FFA, PM picks in, something else?

Public in-thread, so as soon as @Key makes her selection, I will @ the next player.

1 Like

so we’re just waiting for @Key to select something?

sounds like we boutta be here for a few years

Oh boo I’m first, I was hoping to have a smaller selection. Let me read them again

4 Likes

it might be a little quicker if you paste the whole draft order ahead of time

2 Likes

I’ll take Eques

@Andresvmb Pick

That’s fine squirrel can’t play if it starts too soon anyways

1 Like

I never read so I hope I’m last

I pick Retiarius.

1 Like

@Quin

/pick Sagittarius

@gellnick you’re up

if someone picks the one i want i swear to god i’m goign ot have a mental brakedown!!!