Generic Superhero Mafia (7/7, accepting reserves!)

Ever wanted to play a game with generic superheroes? Now you can! This a 7 player game with a LOT of abilities. Will they all mesh well? Probably not, but then again, maybe they will! Only one way to find out, and that’s to come and play :wink:

Every character has 2 strengths and 1 weakness. The strengths are publicly known, the weaknesses are known only to the individual characters, and to the scum.

The Generic Superheroes:
Fly Guy

Super strength—cannot be NKed or vigged normally.

X-ray vision—can see through walls. (equal to a watcher)

Grim and Mysterious Figure

Sneaky AF—cannot be tracked at night.

Detective AF—can discern one of their targets abilities through use of incredible sleuthing abilities. (equal to a rolecop)

Warrior Woman

Deflection reflection—can deflect any powers used on her back towards the player targeting her (50% chance they deflect and nothing happens, 50% chance they reflect and affect the player targeting WW) (example: rolecop that targets WW and is reflected, would receive knowledge of their own abilities back as a result). Does not apply to NKs, but DOES apply to vig shots.

Indomitable sense of right and wrong—cannot be scum at start of game (does not apply to time travel shenanigans).

Speedy Comic Relief

Quick reflexes—you can use your super speed to save somebody from being shot at night, but you get so tired doing it that you know it’ll only work once—you have to get your beauty sleep sometime, after all! (equal to a one-shot doc)

Ill-advised time traveling—you’re so fast, you can turn back time and bring players back to life! But be warned, time traveling can have unintended consequences, like making former friends turn evil, or someone that was otherwise in perfect health having a sudden heart attack! (Example: on N2, turn time back to D1, reversing the D2 lynch, any N1 kills, and D1 lynch, bringing those players back to life).

Trusty Sidekick

Morale support—you’re so supportive of your mentor, that you’ll trust them with your vote! On even numbered days, no matter who you cast your vote for, it will be counted as being cast for the same player your mentor voted for. If your mentor is dead, your vote will not count.

Pluck and determination—you’re just so goshdarn plucky and determined, the first time you’re lynched you won’t let it get you down, and you’ll survive to fight another day instead!

Alien With Convenient Powers

Can’t touch this—you can “phase” yourself, making you impervious to any NK or vig shot. Note that you can only use one of your abilities per night.

Shape shifting—you can shape shift to appear as one of the other heroes to anyone that may be peeking. You cannot shape shift and phase in the same night.

Gritty TV Adaptation

Willing to kill—being on TV instead of in a movie means that you don’t share your big screens compunctions about taking life, and will stop at nothing to take down the bad guys, including very clearly shooting them in the heart after vowing not to kill anymore, but that’s OK because you only kill henchmen, never the named antagonists (I’m looking at you, Ollie). You can only do this once, then your deeply manipulative significant other will reprimand you and you’ll remember that you’re supposed to be setting an example for your son. (This role is equal to a one-shot vig)

Gradually increasing stakes—due to your being on TV, the stakes are constantly rising, and characters are constantly saying things like “this changes everything!” to really drive the point home. This has led you to be comfortable in do or die conditions, meaning that you count for two towards town VC and one and a half towards scum VC (example: two scum and two town alive, with GTVA as one of the town, means that the game continues rather than ending in a scum victory).

The totally saw it coming plot twist:

The Magic McGuffin has turned two Generic Superheroes into Even More Generic Villains through vaguely handwaved away sorcery that will not be explained at a later date! These dastardly villains, in addition to knowing every players weakness, may (attempt to) kill one player per night. Scum will possess the powers of whatever hero they inhabit the form of. In addition, the scum may attempt to use the weakness of two players against them each night (but may only use a weakness twice).

Lynches will be determined via plurality, meaning that whomever has the most votes at the end of the day is lynched (although note that there are abilities that modify voting, so the public facing vote tally may not accurately reflect who is lynched). If there is a tie, lynch will be determined by a hidden, randomized mechanism. Days will last approximately 72 hours, nights approximately 24. Prods will be sent out after around 36ish hours without posting. There will be no win conditions not contained in the rules. Questions or sub requests made in thread during the game will be ignored (ones asked privately will be answered), but feel free to ask them via PM during the game or here before it!

Interested:
Andresvmb
Fferyllt
Mantis
Urist
Metal Sonic
Mylo
Srceenplay

All the sign-ups look awesome! I want to play this, but I think I’m going to be too busy for the next 4 weeks or so. Depending on when it fills/starts, I might /in later.

Awesome!

I’m kind of thinking this will hopefully gain traction after a couple of the active games end and one or two of the games in signup get rolling. I don’t mind keeping this open for awhile though, I really want to run it, and don’t really care when it runs.

Actually yeah I’m thinking I’ve got enough games going as of now. But would be interested later

/In.

This game looks pretty impressive. Should be fun.

It’s the work of several hours of late night procrastination, so I’m glad to hear that!

/in

/in

That’s 3 victims of heavily illegal experimentation involving frog toes and prune juice volunteers! Just 4 to go and we’ll have a real game on our hands.

/in

/out

:’(

:purple_heart:

Fine then

/in

/in! :smiley:

suddenly, a great tremor shakes the earth…in their pods, the heroes sleep…something is coming, and the ground can feel it…is it…could it be…why yes, the dawn of heroes must be nigh! But with the dawn of heroes, also comes… THE AGE OF ANTAGONISTS

That’s 7! Role PMs will go out later tonight, along with whatever suitably melodramatic pronouncements I come up with.