Forging of the Rings - Scum Chat

Hey guys, please use this topic to discuss.

For the pregame, you guys have some choices to make. You have to choose which characters receive which Rings. All you know at this point are the names of the characters and the Rings, but you don’t know who will receive which role. You also don’t know the abilities each character possesses (aside from your own).

Speaking of which, here are your roles, which I plan on sprucing up tomorrow:

M2H

You are Celebrimbor, leader of the Gwaith-i-Mírdain and heir to your grandfather Fëanor’s legendary smithing skill. When Annatar first came to Eregion, you were overjoyed by the opportunity he presented. With his help, you would finally be able to put an end to the curse of fading that all elves experience while residing in Middle-Earth. However, Annatar was in fact the Dark Lord Sauron in disguise, poisoning your mind while working alongside you. Now, you serve only his wishes.

You are an Agent of Sauron.

Abilities
Fëanor’s Heir: The last living member of the house of cursed artifacts.
Each night, you may use one Ring possessed by a teammate as if it were your own. However, you may not choose a Ring that they are already using.

Agent of Sauron: You serve the Dark Lord’s bidding.
You may speak with your team at any time. Additionally, your team may kill a player each night. Finally, when giving a Ring away, you may choose to give it to Sauron, effectively removing it from the game. You win when all of the Rings have been sent to Sauron in this way, or when nothing can prevent the same from happening.

Rings
Linta
You may use this Ring to allow you to use any number of abilities this night.

Srceenplay

You are Gil-Galad, leader of the Eldar and the most powerful elf in Middle-Earth. At first, you found yourself reluctant to trust Annatar, wary of the gifts he bore. The offer seemed genuine, but you sensed a malefic intent hidden just under the surface of this stranger’s facade. You’d sent warnings of this to the other elves of Middle-Earth, but they fell on deaf ears, and the Rings were made. Upon witnessing the power these Rings possess, it is clear that aligning with Sauron is the only chance for the survival of your people. Once you recover the Rings for him, they will be forced to see the same.

Abilities
High King of the Ñoldor: It is a king’s duty to know his people.
Any time you target a player, you learn their character name and abilities. Additionally, at the start of the game, you know the names of all the characters used in this game.

You may speak with your team at any time. Additionally, your team may kill a player each night. Finally, when giving a Ring away, you may choose to give it to Sauron, effectively removing it from the game. You win when all of the Rings have been sent to Sauron in this way, or when nothing can prevent the same from happening.

Rings
Narya
You may target another player to make them immune to all Ring-corruption this night.

Vilya
You may protect another player from all kills this night. You will be notified if this prevented a kill attempt.

Kauka
You may target another player to redirect all actions targeting you to target them instead. If it’s an investigation, they will be told that their result is on the new player.

Ellibereth

You are Celeborn, prince of Doriath and wanderer of Middle-Earth. After your home was destroyed by dwarves over a piece of jewelry, you have wandered Middle-Earth with your wife, staying in one place for no more than a few hundred years before moving on. Recently, you have come to stay in Eregion, where the Gwaith-i-Mírdain have forged a set of Rings. Knowing the destruction that can be wrought over such small trinkets, you seek to return the Rings to their master, hoping that you can retrieve them all before the greedy dwarves in nearby Khazad-dûm catch wind of them.

Abilities
Prince of Doriath: As a prince of the hidden kingdom, your knowledge of warding will come in handy.
Whenever you are targeted by a Ring’s ability, you learn its name and effect.

Rings
Immo
You may use this Ring to learn both the number of players and the number of actions that affect you this night.

Hloirëa
You may target a player to poison them. If they gained at least three points of Ring-corruption this night, they will die at the end of the following day.

A couple of things you should know about the setup:

• You guys do get to kill another player each night.
  • A player can have any number of Rings, but they can usually only take a number of actions equal to half their current number of Rings, rounded up. In other words, once you have 3 Rings, you get to take 2 night actions.
  • Using a Ring causes corruption. The first time you use a particular Ring, it is revealed to the scum team that you possess that Ring. The second time you use it, your passive ability is disabled for that night. The third time you use it, you die (although the action still goes through). Each level of corruption is additive (i.e. on level three you will die and your passive is disabled). Corruption levels are unique to each Ring, so you can theoretically use three different Rings at once without dying.
  • Any player may choose to send their Rings to any other player, but you all have the bonus option to send the Rings to Sauron, effectively removing them from the game.
  • You can choose to assign three to four Rings to members of your team, with the remainder going to the town. You must assign either one or two Rings to each character.
  • There are a total of 19 Rings, but you only get to assign 16. Of the three remaining Rings, one (Nenya) is with Galadriel, and two (Narya & Vilya) are with Gil-Galad.
  • If you’d prefer I randomize this and tell you where things end up, lmk and I’ll just do that instead.

The Town Characters
Elrond
Galadriel
Glorfindel
Círdan
Thranduil
Nimrodel
Oropher
Celebrían
Amdír
Amroth

The Rings
Inga
Linta
Kauka
Varna
Hampa
Quilda
Ráca
Sarta
Véla
Milca
Hloirëa
Immo
Faustima
Atatya
Ómanda
Tulca

The Three Elven-Rings
Narya (Gil-Galad) - Prevents another player from taking Ring-corruption that night.
Vilya (Gil-Galad) - Protects another player from night-kills. You will be notified if a kill was prevented in this way.
Nenya (Galadriel) - Conceals another player from investigative actions performed by the opposite alignment of that player.

Loyal Eldar ability

Loyal Eldar: There is some good in this world, and it’s worth fighting for.
You win when all of the Agents of Sauron have been eliminated.

i’m so hyped by the flavor

2 Likes

Since Elli is hyped Elli can pass out the rings

oh big yikes on being scum

1 Like

Elli how do I town?

I’ll do the ring distribu after I finish work. :slight_smile:

I’ve edited the role PMs in the OP.

@Urist if I don’t get to it by the end of the day tmrw just give them to whoever makes the most flavor sense (irony is A+). I’ll try to though.

Do we have a game plan or we just all trying to go deep?

the game plan is to talk a lot.

Is there a reason why we cant give the majority of the rings to us?

can we each hold three rings.

pass them around during the night to our kills.

a) There is no limit to the number of rings you can hold, but you definitely risk giving town a ton of power if you’re lynched with them in your pocket.

b) You don’t have to give your rings to anyone if you don’t want to, but keep in mind that using the same ring 3 times will kill you.

Give town power by spreading them out.
or make town earn power by lyching correctly

only the hammer gets the rings?

3 gilgald

2 celeborn

1 celebrimor

2 each galadriel, amroth, nimrodel

1 for all other characs

yep only the hammer gets the rings.

updated the OP with your guys’s rings, enjoy.

I’ve edited the OP, hopefully for the last time, to include the Loyal Eldar ability (i.e. the town wincon).

Elli do you talk about site stuff every time as scum?

I do it every game people request doable stuff in. :stuck_out_tongue:

@M2H was the ring stuff a slip or on purpose?

it was on purpose