Discrete Time Vengeful (Over)

I think the problem with the staggered deadlines + the microturns is that people’s free 30 min or so are sometimes in the same relatively short time interval everyday.

r.e. voting - I think the paranoia you’re describing is a feature not a bug, and given the no lynch rule this run it was definitely mechanically correct to vote earlier. Not sure what you’re talking about when it comes to vote transparency and why it eventually being an app is relevant - the idea is that you’re voting based on what people have said but without the idea what they’ll actualy do and the concept of submitting a vote, a post, and an action every phase is easy to put into a decent ui.

I was actually expecting scum-sided if we used established mafia setups!

We can start by trying every player having 1 tweet-length free post the entire game. Probably in a december run of the game given that’ll I’ll be gone in Nov.

1 Like

Is numbering phases starting from 0 or 1 more intuitive?

Both are fine, I think - my problem is that I’m thinking in terms of nth post, and during the middle/silent period of phase 1.4 for example I’m like “was that my fourth post or am I writing it now?”

How did the character limit feel? I think we’ll keep counting quotes for now, both for ease of countability and because I think too many quotes ruin readability.

I liked it a lot, if I was pushing the upper limit it was fairly simple to just edit it down.

How much time did you spend on the game every day?

Not sure. Pretty sure I didn’t go over an hour, though yeah thinking time throughout the day was on top of that. Sometimes.

How did the day length (in terms of number of phases) feel?

We talked about this - it could drop a couple phases and I think town still would have been able to get everything done that they were doing.

How did playing feel in general? What was enjoyable? What was unenjoyable? Any other comments?

It was really good, not having to keep up with it - deadline in my timezone was like the middle of the night so the posts would be there in the morning and I could write mine in the evening. Unenjoyable, not sure. Fluctuating deadlines each day was a complaint I had, but then it smoothed out.
For that reason, I’d oppose having extra posts, since that adds back in that need to keep on top of it. The lack of interactivity, more playing in parallel, was kind of cool. There’s more independent contribution required.

Any suggestion for a name for the game we’re making that isn’t "[MODIFYING TERMS] Mafia. Something along the lines of “Avalon” or “The Resistance” is better. This’ll also be the name of the eventual app. We’re not committing to any particular flavor yet, but one of the main game modes will very likely have selectable classes. (More on that stuff later.) A good name might even help us choose the flavor genre!

Not right now, but I’ll think about it