Discrete Time Vengeful (Over)

Phase 1.2 Votes:

fferyllt (1): Key
Key (1): Nanook

Didn’t Vote (3): fferyllt, beeboy, Urist

PHASE 1.3 WILL END October 15, 2018 1:00 PM OR WHEN ALL POSTS ARE SUBMITTED.

Round 3 Keychain looks opportunistic. I was the most fosed player, and there’s the vote. It’s also damning that her venge kill advice is “you’ve got reads, you decide, but don’t venge your top townread”. I don’t see how that’s even vaguely a town thought process. From her perspective, if I’m town and lynched, then if I shoot town, town loses. Not wanting input into that decision is antitown. “Don’t venge your top townread”, is useless input. I look forward to how this stance evolves, given my current reads put her at the bottom.

Further,

She seems to be happy there’s data, but doesn’t really act on it - the paragraph on bee doesn’t have any sort of conclusion, the next two don’t look to contain much relevant information and end in “non townreads”.

Doesn’t act on data? Seriously? The conclusion was that Bee was a townread at the moment, and it’s at the bottom of my post. I was townreading you on tone from your first post, but that read has evaporated completely with your following posts.

Nanook my initial townlean on Key was based more on tone and just liking that she was thinking about how to make this format work than on the specifics. With you in round 1 it was also very much a tonal read.

Urist the difference between how I think scum and town would enter this game comes down to having an agenda based on knowledge and being completely open to what the data. Basic stuff! I didn’t sense agenda-like thoughts from beeboy’s posts dispite the sparseness.

Loving Urist’s recent posts. If you lynch me, I won’t shoot in that direction. Nanook also moves more townward.

Would scum-Key try to point away from shooting her partner (e.g. is beeboy her partner?), or is it minimizing the info in her venge advice by suggesting I not venge the top of my townpile?

So, right now my reads are (Town to Scum)

Urist
Nanook
Beeboy
Key

VOTE: Urist

Nanook, please stop ragging on about the rules mistake as if it’s alignment indicative, especially when you already acknowledged that we’d made similar points. I would have said it was obvious I’d have looked it up after the first time you mentioned it, making it totally unnecessary to capslock at me in subsequent rounds, but it looks like ffery and Urist missed it as well so maybe that wasn’t a given. I’ve read them all the way through now.
On the other hand I do think that your concern over being accurately understood indicates town, I just don’t understand this push.

I do agree with this somewhat.
In general Urist seems to be making a lot of statements about how they would be forming reads (particularly regarding voting - eg someone voting in opening post being scummy, someone not voting before 5 being scummy, bee and Nanook being scummy for voting too early - plus the @all in #14 that never went anywhere) but there doesn’t seem to be a lot of commitment behind the reads, just a universal semi-scumread.
However I’ll agree with the list thing, it only works if everyone’s on board. I haven’t really checked to see if the guaranteeing a majority thing is true though.

Preferable venge-target here if wrong - I want to say ffery but I’m a little more unsure on that now and I’m not sure why. Maybe Nanook?

beeboy is my only real townread here which would be concerning if there weren’t only two town to identify. The combination of reasonably clear reads with substance while also seeming kind of distant is like… if scum are going to put in the effort to fake realistic reads I would feel like the engagement would also be visible, this does genuinely look like town sharing what he’s got.

I need to miss this phase sorry guys.

VOTE: Key

Hey guys, kinda brief in this post, cause RL.

Effers, no, nobody could’ve voted in their first post. It’s literally impossible. It’s in the rules that they can’t.

Usually I agree with you about quicklynches…but I kinda think in a vengeful game, it’s not the worst thing that could happen? Especially in this format? I don’t super love the idea, but I would rather a quick lynch happen than no lynch.

Key, not reading the rules is NAI. Purposely misrepping the rules so you can manufacture activity and bogus townreads? That’s scummy. That’s what I’m saying you’re doing.

Beeboy is about as bleh as it gets right now, not really sure how to parse that.

Urist, what makes you think I wouldn’t be ok with a Key lynch? Cause I totally would be ok with a key lynch…otherwise I wouldn’t have voted them. Maybe I haven’t been clear enough about that?but yeah, I’m happy with lynching Key.

Will be better next posting phase, sorry guys and gals! Still think it’s Key, not sure what to think of Effers and beeboy, but pretty sure it isn’t Urist.

@fferyllt
I did not really get a scum sense from the first round of posts. I’m assuming you just threw this in so that you’d have something to ask me, since you didn’t seem to have any scumreads from the first round either. What do you find town about beeboy?

@Key
It’s funny that you vote ffery for not giving proper reads, but then turn around at the end of your post and tell her that she has quality reads to rely on for the vig shot. How do you reconcile accusing ffery of not giving solid conclusions in her post, with telling ffery that if we lynch her she should act on her quality reads?

@beeboy
I’m glad I accused you of distancing from ffery in your second post, because in your third post you appear to be townreading Nanook, but not falling back to your ffery scumread, despite saying that you expected more. Why were you willing to vote for Clem but not ffery? Did your ffery scumread just disappear? I don’t get it.

@Nanook
Dislike how you agreed that giving venge suggestions was a good idea while neglecting to actually follow through (you didn’t provide any for Key). Also dislike the vote and push on Key in general. You realize that he couldn’t read your 2nd post while writing his own, right? So he didn’t read the part where you told him that he was wrong about the rules. So the yelling at Key is really over the top. And I think that you’re the only one who actually read that rule correctly soo yeah. I am also interested in hearing about how you think that pretending to misread the rules so that they can throw out manufactured town reads (???) would be a decent strategy for scum. Occam is spinning like a top in his grave right now. Also the fact that you’re not freaking out at ffery for doing the same thing (or seeing that and reconsidering your read on Key) is suspect.

@Nobody
At this point I’d probably vote for beeboy > Nanook >> ffery >> Key. If beeboy and Nanook are scum together, beeboy is the godfather, but I am marginally more confident on Nanook-scum.

Phase 1.3 Votes:

Urist (1): Key

Didn’t Vote (3): fferyllt, beeboy, Urist

PHASE 1.4 WILL END October 16, 2018 1:00 PM OR WHEN ALL POSTS ARE SUBMITTED.

The asynchronous aspect of this game is messing with my head.

Key, I don’t understand why you changed your vote. I like your analysis of Beeboy, but I disagree with you about Urist. He has a multifaceted approach to mafia, and I’ve noticed in other games (my DS9 game and Superheroes) that as town he gnaws on the setup more than the average player does.

beeboy Your last reads list, you had issues with all four other players. How is that sorting out?

Nanook I was hot under the collar when I wrote my phase 1.3 post, but I’ve calmed down a little re wanting to lynch Key. Urist’s point about the amount of appetite for her lynch is solid. At the very least, she’s not the Godfather. I’m coming around to believing my initial reaction to your initial post was accurate.

Urist I follow and somewhat agree with you about the amount of appetite for a Key lynch suggesting she isn’t scum, though she could be the goon getting bussed, I guess? I’m having trouble shaking my beeboy read, but I think he does make some sense as a Nanook partner. Going back to look at his clem-vote post, it would be a decent position for scum because he left himself room to pivot onto anyone.

I’d really like to have another solid townread. :confused:

From town to scum:

{Urist}
{beeboy, key}
{Nanook}

VOTE: fferyllt

Joining the crowd on a bit of a brief post, something unexpected happened this evening and didn’t leave me much time.

ffery should be putting a vote down on me and I don’t know why she’s not. I don’t want her to venge my top townread.
Urist - I didn’t see her drawing conclusions so I assumed she wasn’t, so scum. If she’s town she will presumably have them and I’m just not seeing it.

I think I really screwed up. Phases started counting from 0, so that was phase 5.

Players in order of voteworthiness:
ffery
Urist
Nanook
beeboy

VOTE: Nanook

Keychain - I am kind of confused on Keychain in all honesty. I think her opening where she came up with 2 separate conclusions for 2 very similar posts is something that is very town.
But her other posts I feel like are scattered around but nothing particularly bad, like my posts tend to generally be scattered so I wouldn’t say that in particular is a scum tell.

Fferry - The read change on me feels kind of odd relative to her 2nd and 3rd post, I didn’t particularly like her opening post even if it was similar to mine for the same reason Keychain mentioned and there is stuff like her saying to talk about venge targets which she hasn’t actually done yet.

Like I think a lot of the things Ffery has against Keychain are kind of reasonable coming from Keychain? Like the don’t shoot me is more of a “I am not really sure what to do” kind of statement instead of the act of Keychain trying to hide info from Fferry.
Maybe I am just generally wrong about Keychain being opportunistic which is something I might need to evaluate over the next phase I guess?

Urist - Probably just town in all honesty. I like his general questions he is asking and his thought process seems consistent to me. If I am wrong here I probably just lose this game in all honesty lol. I wish I was more confident in this read but I think I am going to just chill with Urist being town as far as a day 1 venge/Lynch is concerned.

Nanook - Now I guess given my reads so far Nanook would be POE scum with Ffery which from the stance of both Nanook and Ffery pushing Keychain I would say makes this less likely but from a how they are talking about each other (not a whole lot) stand point they do make sense as scum together.
But none of this is actually based on Nanook’s posts which overall I guess I am null.

I worried I am making shit up about Keychain’s posts in my head to justify a town read so I hope shooting people isn’t a decision I am forced to make since I would probably find a way to mess that up lel.

Part of me wants to do this since I don’t see Keychain and Ffery being scum together and I also don’t see Urist being scum at all which makes Nanook the common link in all situations so I think from a standpoint of trying to play this in an optimal fashion I should be voting them? Which I admit is really odd given I don’t have any real independent reason to scum read the slot but the more I think it through the better I feel about it.

Nanook > Ffery > Keychain > Urist

VOTE: Key

Effers. Eh, I don’t love it…but yeah, I guess it’s fair? Could very well be that I’m just reading more into it cause it affects me.

Key, I didn’t acknowledge we made similar points–other people said that, and I worked within that framework to address their points, but we weren’t really saying the same thing. And yeah, if it was a genuine rules mistake, that’d be NAI…but I don’t think it was a genuine mistake, I think it was a conscious decision you made, in order to manufacture townreads (and by extension, scumreads through POE).

Urist, that’s a fair point I suppose. I think I sort of did by giving a reads list? I guess it wasn’t as explicit as it could’ve been, but yeah, I don’t think I completely ignored that idea either.

I think it’s pretty clear how misreading the rules can be used to manufacture townreads. And sure, Key’s not the only one that made that mistake, but they’re the only one I’ve seen using that rules mistake to try and force townreads. One of the hardest parts of playing scum is manufacturing reads convincingly, right? So when Key takes a rules misunderstanding (if it is a misunderstanding or if it’s intentional is kinda irrelevant) and tries to use it to form reads on a false basis…that looks scummy to me.

I don’t think you, or beeboy, or Effers have used that rules misunderstanding as a basis for forming reads, so yeah, I don’t think it really applies to you guys as anything more than NAI.

Still voting Key, still feel reasonably good about Urist. Beeboy and Effers are difficult to parse with beeboy passing on the last post turn (it’s NAI to pass, but it makes it difficult to parse them with less data to work off of). Probably beeboy as slightly scummier than Effers.

@All
Hopefully everyone remembers that this is post #5 and that we need to give lists. Mine is:
Nanook, beeboy, fferyllt, Key.
Key has the least chance of being godfather (and scum in general) due to all the votes and pushes on him, so I’m not interested in lynching there. Nanook’s push on Key is totally contrived, so I’m pretty certain he’s scum. If beeboy is also scum, it’s likely he is the gf. It’s also possible for beeboy to be ffery’s gf, due to his reluctance to follow through with a vote on her, if Nanook is town. For these reasons, I want to vote for beeboy… but he hasn’t posted enough; he has skipped 2 of the 4 phases so far so I am really unsure about my read on him.

@fferyllt
I’m glad that you agree with me on Key, but saying that his vote was opportunistic is a stretch. The only persons who FoS’d you on post 2 were Key and Nanook (and only by PoE). The rest I can agree with, but I can’t help but feel that Nanook is trying to get Key mislynched.

@Key
Do you really think that Nanook is coming from a town mindset with this push? You say that he is insistant on being understood, but the reason people are having trouble understanding his point is because it’s disingenuous and nonsensical. There is no way he is thinking that you are deliberately misrepresenting the rules to evil ends, it’s totally crazy. Don’t think he’s town just because he speaks with conviction, look at what he’s saying and judge from there.

@All
If people forget to post lists, we will still get one more opportunity to do this again, so it’s not the end of the world. If we do have to post lists again, feel free to modify them if you need to (I will).

Phase 1.4 Votes:

Nanook (2): beeboy, Urist
fferyllt (1): Key

Didn’t Vote (3): fferyllt

PHASE 1.5 WILL END October 17, 2018 1:00 PM OR WHEN ALL POSTS ARE SUBMITTED.

I still plan to vote Nanook in the next and final phase of day 1.

From most town to least:

{Urist} - I feel like every post since he got serious in the second phase has shouted town.

{beeboy/Key} - I really need to differentiate here. I give Key a slight town edge over beeboy, mostly on the basis of buying Urist’s argument about the number of players pushing Key.

{Nanook} - I don’t get a “who would I venge?” vibe from his posts. I’m not sure why. I think a town player under pressure would be thinking pretty hard about that question.

Key if there is one thing that defines my town play, it’s that I hate finding out that I help lynched town. The perfect is the enemy of the good enough.

There was no way I was going to vote you in my last post. My read of you has flip-flopped twice, so I wasn’t going to put down a vote and risk the day ending in phase 4. And here in phase 5, I don’t want to vote you at all.

I don’t have any shocking new insights based on the last round of posts.

In the format Urist suggested:

Nanook, beeboy, key, Urist

When did I become so totally incompetent at basic tasks like counting and reading jfc

Nanook should be dead this round - I think everyone else apart from him is already voting him if they stick to the list strategy, so makes most sense to vote there even though he’s my third choice. Since at least one and maybe two of them is scum who might not vote to go for the win, and we need to lynch someone.

If he isn’t dead, we have one more round to get it right. Otherwise town straight up loses if we no lynch.

My thoughts haven’t changed from the last phase.
I would put more effort into a post but I don’t really see the reason as to why.

Nanook if you flip town shoot in (Keychain/Ffery), honestly thought if you flip town I may be wrong on Urist though since Keychain/Ffery is an odd scum team.

VOTE: Beeboy

I have to basically punt this turn, sorry guys.

I think my progression still goes, from towniest to scummiest, Urist>>>Effers>Beeboy>>>Key.

I think I’ll probably be lynched, from the looks of things? If so, I’ll most likely be shooting Key. They’re probably not the godfather, but I feel pretty good that they are mafia.

If I’m understanding Urist’s plan correctly, I should be voting Beeboy, right? Since seemingly everyone doesn’t see what I’m seeing with Key (I don’t fucking get what’s so hard to grasp about someone coming up with fake reasons to manufacture reads as scum, but whatever), and Urist and Effers both have beeboy as second choice? I’m reasonably sure that’s how this system works, so I’m putting my vote there. Still feel much better about Key being scum.

So according to the system, Nanook should be lynched since he’s #1 for three of us. Unfortunately, that means he isn’t the godfather unless Key is the goon (which I kinda doubt, but it’s possible). I still think that beeboy is the godfather in this scenario.
ffery’s recent posts look town, but it worries me a bit that she and beeboy have switched to voting for Nanook this phase. If they are scum together, Nanook is a more solid lynch because it seems almost guaranteed that Nanook will shoot Key, whereas Key might shoot ffery. Nanook, if you are town, I urge you to shoot on the wagon (preferably beeboy).

Reminder that if we somehow don’t get a majority in this phase, it means that Nanook is likely the godfather - every townsperson should vote Nanook in the next phase, if there is one.

Phase 1.5 Votes:

Nanook (2): beeboy, Urist
beeboy (1): Nanook

Didn’t Vote (3): fferyllt, Key

PHASE 1.6 WILL END October 18, 2018 1:00 PM OR WHEN ALL POSTS ARE SUBMITTED.

I screwed up. Thought this was the phase we would all vote.

Nanook if you are town, I would shoot in Key/beeboy. Probably beeboy.

good luck town!