Demonic Mafia 13p

There are 2 ways we can do character selection: auction or draft. Anyone with a strong preference for one over the other should speak up about it.

How does auction work would leftover money be useful

Spend it or lose it.

so everyone goes all in on the role they want most…

Draft would be straight forward, randomized order pick the character you want then the next person up picks who they want, etc. etc.

Auction would be something like 130 points, character’s go up in a randomized order, and people bid on them as desired. Max bid 130, if you win the bid you lose however many points you spent on it, but can use the rest to drive up prices–if you win a second bid, you pick who gets that character (limited to people that don’t have a character already).

That’s a very tentative layout for the auction. I like the idea of points being useful in the rest of the auction, but they wouldn’t carry into the game.

roles/alignments related to characters or randomized?

I don’t see that as a bad thing, if someone has a character they realllllly want to play I don’t see a reason to discourage that :woman_shrugging:

Roles may or may not be, alignments are not.

Why not just leave it all up to rng

Some people want to have a say in what character they get. Apparently we’re a demon loving bunch :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Meaning randomized or related to characters? Lol I gave two options

Yes.

So roles and alignments are related to characters, got it.

I wouldn’t make that assumption.

You’ve been perfectly clear, thanks for mod confirming that roles and alignments are related to the characters

Your reading comprehension is impeccable.

:+1:

What’s wrong with good ol’ first come first served?

It’s fascist.

Also I’d have to keep track of what order people got here and I’m too lazy for that shit.

Can you just rand it so that we dont have outside knowledge of roles/alignments

1 Like