Deep Space 9 Mafia - Game Over!

i find srceen scummy yes.

Wasn’t screen town in that game?

Sorry nvm me… You say his scum game

1 Like

I thought Andres was scum in that game though.

I feel like I’m starting to spam this game. Sorry guys

What scum game did i have?

yeah i’m talking about how srceen’s play gels more with the game i linked above, where he was scum.

You said flipfloppers

I feel like you are floundering

Is that clear now?

Yes it is. Ty.

Hmmm
I’m not for sure how you come to that?
That game was dead and abandoned.
i had 59 post in that game at 130 in here.
post rate alone shows it to be completely different.

are you saying that lurking is your scumtell?

in flipflap you had 55 posts over 8 days on d2.
in duel monsters you had 59 posts over 9 days on d1.
in this game you have 130 posts over 13 days on d1.

i’d say that your activity level is not alignment indicative.

i dont play scum enough to know what my scum tell is.
i do know that game was a heavy mechanic and with that alone throws off game play.
I dont see how you can see that it’s comparable to this game.
I’m curious to see what others think who look.

Eddie was in that game.
Was anyone else?

So what is it that you see that you call the same?
What makes it different from flip flappers?

In duel monsters you seemed to care a lot more about why people found you scummy, you were more open to explaining your reads, and you used “feel” words more often.
In flipflap you often voted one guy and sat on him all day (at least in the early days). Your reads didn’t seem to change very often.
Your play in this game seems to fit the former a lot better.
I don’t put a ton of stock into meta (especially when it’s only 2 games), but you’ve done other things this game (like the cop claim) that don’t look like town.
If I actually wanted to vote for you, I would dive into your ISO first to see if anything else strikes me as off. The only reason all this came up is because Mantis asked.
If there is suddenly a wagon on you tomorrow morning then I’ll check your ISO anyway but yeah. I’m going to bed so it isn’t happening tonight.

As scum, cats tries to restrain themselves (I believe they subscribe to the “if I’m saying too much I’ll be too readable” philosophy, but you’d have to ask them). As town, they just talk and say whatever.

So it’s more a lack of something than the presence of it, really. I understand that’s hard to grasp onto though, and can feel ephemeral.

He talks about it a bit in the Upperclass Twits of the Year scumchat. Compared to flip flappers (where I misread him over some claims garbage that wasn’t actually his fault), it’s pretty clear there’s a strong tonal difference between his town and scum games.

Or I’m full of myself, that’s entirely possible too, but I’m pretty sure I see that tonal difference.

I can’t make sense of this progression from your point of view. In fact, I simply can’t imagine saying any of this after voting for a player I see as Scum. Yeah, sure, Scum could be on the wagon. But why do you care, if you are the fourth vote on that player, are voting close to the deadline, and you see them as Scum? If Scum are jumping on the wagon because they realize that they need to cover their ass, let them. Say for purposes of this game that there are 3 Scum (I have no clue, but humor me). If on D1, a Scum player gets lynched, do you think it’s more or less likely that it’s done with the rest of the Scum on that player? I would think it’s less likely (particularly that both players jumped early). So, unless you are arguing that Srceenplay and I are on the same side and planning the lynch of MS, and have voted consecutively for our fellow Scum player (a tad unlikely, I would argue), you are more likely to succeed in finding Scum outside of the above wagon than on it. What makes more sense to me is that a Town player would become suspicious about the people on a wagon because they Town read the player about to get lynched.

You changing your view on MS by virtue of a one-liner from them [“Magic counterwagon on me is scummy”], in a way that makes no apparent logical sense (by focusing on two players that are on that same wagon), has me really questioning your slot. It doesn’t even matter if MS is Scum. So, I keep arriving at the conclusion that your vote was not that well thought out. Can you tell me where I’m wrong?