CSS/Styling/UI updates, comments, and suggestions

looks good now :slight_smile:

It’s back to what it was before, with the attenuated-looking curves at the bottom of the biohazard symbol

Maybe it’s that dreaded logo eating virus, from that movie, The Day the Mafia Stood Shrill.

08d52083857c46e883546f7c026ce638f79e3892

f6878137ac49cfe5ac1753653a40f3dea38f3854

its good ^^

For the topic automatic open/close timer, can you modify the relative time threshold for hours to 36 or so?
Currently the timer says “This topic will close in a day” if there is anywhere between 22 and 36 hours left before the topic closes. For mafia deadline purposes, this isn’t very helpful. It would be much more helpful to see “This topic will close in 36 hours”, because then I have a better idea of how much time is left before deadline.

1 Like

Note to self to look into this.

Okay.
@Not_Jester, as is you can only have one draft per topic. Will potentially be a while before we get to this change because the mobile stuff is more pressing and I think it’s relatively niche.

In general the software isn’t built to support hydras, and in particular hydras for mafia, so we’ll need a fair amount of hacking to make those features. (This includes most of the hydra-based recommendations in the wish list topic).

It’s fine honestly. If the person who wrote the original draft keeps their tab open, it should maintain the first draft no matter what the other person writes. Or failing that, we would just copy paste the text on discord.

Or you could always get a hydra partner that doesn’t take >5 mins to write a post, but beggars can’t be choosers I guess.

While I’m here though, is there a way to navigate to a person’s profile and view all the topics they’ve posted in?

Additionally, if there was a way to implement fake pagination, such as a hot key that automatically jumps to the place 50 posts prior or after the current post, I think that’d help bridge the gap for people coming from more traditional forums. I’ve also seen other people suggest having bookmarks on a topic, and I’d like to +1 that suggestion.

You can’t view all of a person’s topics in the way that phpbb forums work, but there is a way. In the search box on the top right side of the page, just type the username, including the @ sign. Make sure the “in this topic” box is unchecked if you do this while your browser is on a topic.

This will give you a list of the user’s first post in every topic they’ve posted in, and you can navigate to the topics from that list.

1 Like

What are you referring to specifically here?

Something small, but on mobile the site should automatically start on the “latest” home page now and not the categories.

There’s a new header, it’s a WIP.

Don’t like header. It overlaps existing top of screen and when I drop down menu the first option is hidden behind header.

Did you refresh the site? If you did and the issue is still there send me a screenshot. Neither of those things should be happening.

Refresh site?

happens on mobile

Stuff is being built for mobile mode on phones, not desktop mode on phones. Having to account for the latter would be a nightmare.

I think most of the use for the latter should be gone after ISO on mobile is implemented.

Regardless, it’s just really fucking ugly on mobile desktop view, not unusable yeah?

sure, it’s fine

I was thinking it might just be a mobile-specific thing

ETA I didn’t realise I was using desktop mode…shall change it forthwith!