Bird Flavoured Mafia

wow 4th place feels low

not voting isn’t as bad as voting town in a game that is not lylo d1

either going to keep them equivalent or mandate people have to vote, keeping equivalent just seems better (and people are basically forced to vote by scoring system). You should know how hard it would be to get the right scaling if we also include the not voting case.

i just want to complain about my 4th place ranking

so I was thinking about people nk’d

we could

1. adopt liars club chaining (which would basically be you get the positive points from consecutive days assuming mafia was lynched, so in this case you’d only get the points for my lynch)

or

1. give you option of submitting reads and getting score on those (at some fractional rate)

or

1. Keep as present, don’t be wrong then nk’d

maybe 1 would work better?

Also I didn’t include the “voted scum and scum was lynched” points in the above since I have to figure out how to scale those properly, was easier in vengeful.

tbh i probably only deserve points for your lynch it’s not like I remembered Andres loves pidgeon

1 Like

tbh it makes a lot more sense to chain hit into nk’d than miss into nk’d…

having people submit things post-death feels pretty inelegant to me though maybe players would disagree?

i mean it’s a “miss” but i was off the T wagon and NKed so in that sense it’s a hit?

I just worry about having a culture of always having a vote down will lead to faster days and sometimes there’s value innot being voting

1 Like

I mean this game wasn’t played under those metrics but no.

1. That’s why there’s the time buffer! Might be good to adopt for at least 24 hours in general tbh. Since any less screws up day/night deadline cycles.

2. I’m not trying to reflect the value of every action in normal maf since it becomes impossible past a certain point when you argue x causes y causes z forever. By time t be voting scum is just clean.

I think we’ll just give all people nk’d the opportunity to chain in some capacity, just need to figure out how to scale it.

The main question here is if we feel like you should have finished ahead or behind doggo since you’re cleanly behind everywhere else and we just have to make a choice of what to reward more. (the act of being nk’d vs. being right at some point).

and I DON’T want to consider wagon size for that just how:

Hit 1/4, Miss 1/3, Miss 1/4 and Miss 1/4 should rank relatively.

Actually doggo ends up outplacing you anyway with chaining since he chains onto andres and you chain onto me.

(and also, if this were ranked you’d just vote me d1 instead of giving me a pass for being funny so you could have been clean 2nd).

2 Likes

Oh cool.

Honestly, the ranking becomes very swingy when you’re Mafia, and that sucks. I hate that complete inability to do anything but win to drive your ranking. Not that I see a way around it - except to penalize order of lynch. I would think that lasting longer as Mafia should be rewarded somewhat, since that’s more indicative of what drives a victory.

As the pool gets narrower, your likelihood of being lynched goes up quite significantly, so yeah I do think that this should matter. Something to think about.

1 Like

Difficult to score individual maf players without penalizing bussing plays/making them think of sabotaging each other yeah? At the end of the day the team always has to be scored together imo, that said:

There’s an argument to be made for mafia to get certain amount of points for their latest surviving member but then the question is how to scale that properly with town points. Could get away with certain things so far because only had to compare town relative to town but having to drop a losing scumteam between some town negative numbers may be hard.

I’ll give it a think.

Sad this is true

GTacc most certainly does NOT equal me

I’m worse than him :^)

Smh I’m no good how old are you Jake