Ask a (Mafia-related) Question

This topic is meant for exactly what it says on the tin.

How to scum?

2 Likes

Great question DS, and the answer is:

Do what I do.

1 Like

:3

What do DS do when he is mafia

1 Like

Great question Gtacc and the answer is:

Be just scummy enough to make sense why mafia wouldn’t kill you at night but not scummy enough to be lynched.

2 Likes

Why are gifs of women so lynchable?

1 Like

Cite sources of lynchable gif women

1 Like

Source

1 Like

Is there interest in faster hour/2hour long games on this site?

2 Likes

We’re going to actively recruit for that demo, so maybe not now (I made an interest topic at some point a few months ago and didn’t get a lot of responses), but yes eventually.

If there are people here already into it let me know and we can set something up.

What do you see as the most common determents to an individual players growth?

Do you have any opinions on what is better or worse regarding taking notes?

-edit
Just saw the timestamp. Sorry for the necro.

1 Like

Well if we’re active, how about how to guarantee that you’re mafia every time?

Just ask the mod to give you a scum alignment

2 Likes

Three questions:

1. If you asked for a scum alignment and was always Mafia, wouldn’t the other players catch on eventually?
  2. What role is best for someone who’s good at telling when other people are lying?
  3. If you had to “theme” a Mafia game (rename the roles to suit a genre, historical event, or franchise) what theme would you choose? I think I’d choose a Lord of the Rings theme.

Better a late reply than never.

1. In a fairly closed environment where many same players sign up for for many games, then, yes, they’d probably catch on, or assume that random numbers defy statistics in your vicinity

2. Any role, really. And any alignment. Mafia look for signs of sketchy PRs. 3rd Parties want to learn who’s on which team. And of course, town wants to catch bad guys in lies. It’s a good skill to have!

3. I’ve done this for most of my recent-ish theme games. I describe what the role does in my role PMs, rather than, say, You are Samwise Gamee Two-shot Loud Motion Detector.

Does this site host games?