7 player game (7/7)

SETUP

• 5 Vanilla Townies
  • 1 Mafia Godfather
  • 1 Mafia Goon

Town wins if the Mafia Godfather dies, else Mafia wins.

The Mafia have no private communication. The Mafia Godfather is responsible for submitting all mafia actions - see the “DEATHS” section below.

On any phase, either Mafia-aligned player may choose to submit to the host that they wish to “switch”. If both Mafia-aligned players make this request on the same phase, the Goon will become the Godfather and the Godfather will become the goon. The new godfather will be informed where all current mafia actions are directed. IT WILL BE PUBLICLY ANNOUNCED THAT A SWITCH OCCURRED. The switch may only occur once.

POSTING

• Every game day will last at most 5 phases. Each phase will last 24 hours and each player submits a post every phase. Thus this game will last at most 15 days. Please make sure you’re able to make 1 post a day over this entire period before signing up!

• You never post in the game topic - all posts are submitted by pm to me.

• You may submit a vote with your post. Use [vote]Username[/vote].

• Votes do NOT carry over between posts. If you vote for Ellibereth in your 2nd post of a day and you want to still be voting for Ellibereth in your 3rd, you need to revote in said post.

• Posts have a max character count of 3000. This includes quotes but does not include markdown/bbcode. An easy way to check if something counts is to highlight your cooked post in the preview screen and copy & paste it into an online character counter. We’re adding a character counter in the composer to make this process easier - will hopefully be live by the end of the month.

DEATHS

• AFTER A PLAYER DIES THEY ARE NOT COMPLETELY REMOVED FROM THE GAME, THEY MAY SUBMIT A POST ON ANY ONE PHASE OF EACH REMAINING GAME DAY. This post may not include a vote and must abide by the character limit.

• If at any point a strict majority of the players are voting someone, they die and the first phase of the next day begins.

• The Mafia Godfather may submit and change their kill at anytime. They may choose to submit two names as an ordered list, e.g. 1. Ellibereth 2. fferyllt. This way, if Ellibereth is voted off by the town, fferyllt will be mafia-killed. Only Ellibereth would be mafia-killed in all other circumstances.

• The mafia kill resolves the same phase the vote killing happens. If the Godfather did not submit a kill or did not submit a second choice in the case of his kill target being voted out, they lose their kill for that day-cycle. Remember to submit your action early - it can be changed at anytime.

• MAFIA HAS CHOICE OVER WHO IS EXECUTED IF THERE ARE TIED WAGONS ON THE FIFTH PHASE OF A DAY. Along with their post submission for the fifth phase of a day, the Mafia Godfather MUST submit an ordered list of all living town players, e.g. 1. Player1 2. Player2 3. Player3. If there are tied highest wagons the higher ranked player among the tied wagons dies (1 is the highest). If only two mafia are tied as the highest wagons the goon automatically dies over the godfather.

• The voted execution resolves BEFORE the godfather/goon switch. This means that if the godfather and goon choose to switch on a phase where the godfather receives the vote majority, the godfather is still executed.

MISCELLANEOUS NOTES

• The post submission deadline will be everyday at 2018-12-05T17:00:00Z (just the time). Please don’t be late.

• Death/kill/execution don’t really fit in terms of flavor anymore. I’m pretty sure that dead players still having limited influence is a good mechanic so we’ll be thinking about better game terminology.

/in

By the way, I am using my name the way it is now

1 Like

In

1 Like

In.

1 Like

In

1 Like

ignore me - i didnt realize what this game was at first. not sure i have time for this setup

in, but y

y wut?

If a goon gets lynched at a tie, it confirms that other tied person is godfather. I think GF should be able to pick goon in the list

Or if they get 1v1 tied, just give town an auto win

That’s by design, it’s 2 v 5 where town have no roles and scum have control over who’s GF. Keep in mind that if this was straight vanilla, scum have ~77% of winning with random actions.

I’m fine with the case where exactly both scum get tied as the largest wagons just being a mafia autoloss.

1 Like

Yeah, if town manages to put both mafia up for the execution D1, they deserve to win.

1 Like

I agree with you, I think the game should not continue if a goon is lynched at a tie and town win should be announced

idr tbh

1 Like

In

1 Like

I need to ping rich and DS now i think

1 Like

i’m in, only if needed

1 Like

I’ll send out pm’s in a couple hours.

And by couple hours I mean very late tonight/tmrw morning. :slight_smile:

1 Like