2D3: Ray Bradbury Mafia Day 1 (New Topic for Day 2)

I read it as scummy because they sheeped tn5421 - who they just declared town on imo fluff - on a RVS vote moved elsewhere before the sheeped vote

i don’t see what the problem is with that, but it seems like i’m in the minority when it comes to thinking that RVS wagons are a positive thing?

to me RVS is pointless but I’m not a good player, so

i mean, to spend more time discussing theory than we already have, the point of RVS is to get out of RVS, so to me an early wagon just seems like an obvious way to do that.

i think this comes from town more often than scum, by the way.

{nsg}
{Judge}
{everyone else}
{tn, smilodon}

Maybe you’re a meta person?
What do you think of Metal ‘finding’ the 2 scum in the space of 3 posts, sticking to following the vote of her ‘town read’ rather than voting her own ‘scum read’?
Or do you think all of that was RVS fluff?

VC 1-4

The Summer Night is a vignette or interlude. Like Ylla, martians all over the planet begin subconsciously picking up stray thoughts from the astronauts on their ship approaching from Earth… As the ship nears Mars, the martians adopt aspects of human culture such as playing and singing American songs - and not just any songs-- songs from 1940s America… They have no idea where these inspirations are coming from.

Metal Sonic: 2 (Judge Mental, pyx)

Smilodon: 2 (tn5421, northsidegal)

tn5421: 1 (GTacc)

northsidegal: 1 (Riley Cake)

pyx: 1 (Metal Sonic)

Not Voting: 2 (ellibereth, Smilodon)

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline: May 15, 2018 11:00 PM

Topic will auto-lock 30 minutes after the deadline unless I’m here to close it before then

Links

Day1 Start

i mean, none of it seemed overly serious to me, but that doesn’t mean it’s not meaningful. none of it really “registered” with me as something to take notice of, i guess.

what do you make of it?

Yes, though a typo edit wouldn’t rise to capital offense level. Best just not to go there.

There is an edit history visible to all players and spectators on each post. The system itself will edit a post with an image link and make a local copy of the image, and we’re aware that happens.

Any genuine abuse of the ability to edit would come to light.

I voted it.

But it’s only fair to ask. Was this a serious post?

this bugs me, does it bug anyone else?

@MetalSonic

For the purposes of this game I most certainly don’t think the sky is anywhere near obviously blue.

Actually I managed to turn off that local edit thing - I think it was consistently bothering some people. We’ll chat about this ~elsewhere~.

I can live and let live with the philosophical stuff. But I can't condone spamming the thread with a bunch of attempts to gamesolve (poorly, because nobody was here) 4 hours into the first day. There is such a thing as drowning out the game and I've seen it in action too many times.

Is this what being pocketed by scum as town feels like? :thinking:

Why smilodon? I was under the impression that you found me scummy. Is this related to the people that most vocally townread me taking leave of their senses for 20 posts?

Light scattering and diffraction, or something. Can we please stop this line of conversation?

Ok, the questions answer themselves.

…? You’re voting Pyx though??

Uh, yes? Literally the only edit permissible is the system auto-edit when you embed an image, and that’s because of a software quirk.

Yeah, that was pretty garbage imo, but it is par the course for Metal Sonic as town, in my limited experience.

Normally, you wouldn’t be in the minority, but so far RVS wagons here on m451 have lead to RVS lynches. See the greyice lynch in Cutie Mafia.

See what I wrote above. It’s a good way, but it’s not safe since some take it too far.

The chainsaw is real, if so.

It bothered me but seems like a very Elli thing to do. Probably NAI.

On the other hand, potentially dead images everywhere ><

I’m going to make a custom modal that yells at people who post giant nest quote walls.

2 Likes

Would you rather me enter a game like Marquis did in Micro 333?

i’ll accept that i might be a fish out of water here and so didn’t realize that i was “spamming” the thread, but are you calling what i’ve been doing “poor attempts to gamesolve”? because if so, i take serious issue with that representation.

i’ve never understood why people leave questions in posts that they then answer themselves later on in the exact same post. do you normally do that as town?

:mulch:

1 Like