Ultimate Strategy - Day 3 (Game Over - Mafia Wins)

Yes they can claim by, and then we will know scum is in a group of about 9 people and only lynch there?

This is why open set ups with too many named townies are broken because mass claim is better than keep power roles alive if you can narrow Poe enough

Mass claiming is bad, we’re not doing it yet it would be -ev

I want to hear @chesskid3 @Andresvmb thoughts on mass claim

1 Like

Roles scum can hide in:
5 Town
3 Bleeders (since their ability occurs on death at Night)
Retributionist (or kill them in the Night since they’re powerful)

I don’t think they can hide in the Scout and definitely not the Tinkerer.

There’s a pool of 9 people they can hide in - 4 scum have to hide. In a pool of 13 players, 4 would be scum. The only easily resolving one is a 1 vs 1 with the Retributionist. Theoretically, up to 8 people could be killed before scum though it is a stretch.

Scum have to keep at it for 6 Days and 5 Nights as a baseline (I am not including the effects of the Tinkerer here). If they manage to get ahead of 6 of those 9 Town they succeed, which is unlikely?

You might be right here actually: it also makes the pool of potential Tinkerer shots very small as well I think.

Yeah town has good ways to narrow Poe, and we know exactly how many scums there is in each group of claims and can lynch mathematically accurately every day

They can claim the 3P as well

Forgot about that.

Wait no they can’t because the 3P has a Night shot.

They can ballsy the claim if they wish to be ballsy

Well guess I’m here

Massclaiming day one isn’t a very good choice imo- it really wouldn’t get us anywhere besides a few contradictions (maybe).

Massclaiming will most certainly kill off our PR roles, I’d rather just get the most suspicious of players to claim upon either L-1 or otherwise. I am not participating in a massclaim D1

Oh hey OnlyShot. I remember you from the RWBY game right?

Hardclaim toen

That’s not a role!

VOTE: GTacc

Massclaiming is wrong here for a variety of reasons. As SC has highlighted it’s not hard to hide in bleeders / citizens or even the Survivor, so you’re realistically confirming 3 townies only that will practically be confirmed town anyway eventually. The resulting pool of players to choose from after a massclaim does not shrink significantly (4 scum/1 survivor in a pool of 13 people instead of 16) to warrant the danger facing the outed roles. An early kill on a PR is not worth it (or worse, one being yakuza’d).

Virgo is highly likely to be town and Scarlet is likely to be town.

I’m reserving all content and other gameplay efforts until the Yak goes off.

I will say this tho

double survivor sorry your role sucks just bide your time and claim after Yak and then u autowin

Agree with Chess here. I suggest that the 3P doesn’t shoot for a while unless the Yakuza dies today. As the only non-scum shot it’ll prove the player not-scum if it’s done later on after the conversion is likely to have occurred and will be more provable as a result.

*Well I mean there’s also the Tinkerer but they’re a Dayvig rather than night shot.