Ranked 2v7

It also doesn’t, or at least shouldn’t, prevent people from TRing me.

For example chess already has one.

I can see that. I’m far too competitive not to care about Rank. And so far, I’m #4 if I remember correctly. So I better not screw this up.

1 Like

I think that if it trolls Elli, then that’s sufficient excuse to do anything.

3 Likes

Ain’t that the truth

2 Likes

Believe it or not, I believe that my current way to play is the better way to play. Don’t worry, I won’t troll your rank or throw the game deliberately because that would be disrespectful and inconsiderate and goes against the new principles I’ve been adapting.

With that said, it’s better that everyone works as a team. That’s how town wins games.

1 Like

Also, you did disappear in that one game where you were Scum and also advertised you would vote late. It did screw me last game though - the choice was a 50/50 between 2, and I probably would have voted with you guys if I knew where you were going.

If I develop a TR of you guys I can trust, then I want to be on the same side of the vote. That’s my selfish reason for complaining about the strategy.

Sorry, what strategy is being referenced in this post?

The ranking system has yet to lead to an outcome I thought was strictly detrimental to Town and beneficial to one person who also was Town. If anything it’s turned out into a decent incentive to try hard.

1 Like

Nanook withholding his vote until the very end of the day. See #12.

Yeah, clearly I’m going to do it as both alignments lol

Unless everyone votes early and I can hammer I suppose.

Fair, I think I’ve already tipped my hand where I’m leaning rn lol, and fwiw if I had/have to say earlier to get them dead I would/will. Scum dying is more points!

Me holding the hammer hostage

I don’t quite understand the sentence, could you rephrase it a little?

I understand that trying hard is optimal in a ranked game. But, as a town player often some factors are outside of our control. So, luck can also be involved as well. I’ve learned not to sweat it too much.

I did see that. I can never trust myself there, so I have to wait and see.

This game doesn’t have quicklynch rule, does it?

I mean quicklynch and no voters will be counted as voting town, to prevent this votes make nothing in first 48 hours. But votes counting 48h of this game?

Why is he performing such a strategy? Is he trying to game the system?

I believe he is currently ranked 1 in our very early ranking system? In that case, ironically, his words have merit.

Sure. Nanook (and last game, Chess) both waited until literally close to the end of the day to vote last Ranked game when the choice for the last Scum was clearly between 2. I voted wrong (and earlier), and they voted right, and I was left as the worst Town. I am trying to avoid a similar outcome here, if they are both Town of course (which I don’t know yet).

I mean, it gives you maximum information right? There’s definitely merit to it.

Yeh, fair!

VOTE: JakeTheWolfie