Mafia Game Design Theory

Make sure a draw is possible when balancing. This is very important

2 Likes

Non randed alignments should be stated unless it’s like a mod experiment and then it goes under possible mod lies

What if I tell you its rand, then dont actually rand it?

what if i don’t say whether or not it’s randed

This is what i do on occasion and sometimes I balance things if I feel like its better that way

but its still basically a rand

Saying you’re going to rand then not is shady af. Not saying anything and not randing is still kinda dicey imo.

On the other hand, saying “alignments aren’t randed” has the drawback of players trying to tea leaf read the GM instead of other players, and that’s a pretty undesirable element in most games imo.

1 Like

What does it matter if we rand or not if you aren’t making assumptions based on the mod picking certain players? Like that shouldn’t have an effect on the game

OGI in itself is dumb

Well, if you say “alignments aren’t randed,” then you end up with people trying to tea leaf read “what combination of players makes a balanced scum team,” and that’s…not ideal. Is it stupid and often fails? Yes. But people will still do it :woman_shrugging:

Yeah that’s why it’s best to just not specificy tbh.

Closed setup, no questions sorryyyyyy

Can we talk about Twilights?

I really like the forum setup where you can start a thread and set the close topic deadline lock the thread. You also can have it automatically open the thread.

Would a game where something like an auto opening twilight after the night phase but before the mod actually gets to give out night results be something that people would find fun?

1 Like

I think there’s definitely a fun way to involve twilights, but I haven’t quite figured out what the best way to do it is yet.

Maybe dawn is a better term for mine.

Maybe :woman_shrugging:

Whatever the name for it, I think it’s a cool concept and should be explored.

1 Like