Help us get better at townplay

Back on topic:

This isn’t about “good play” but in terms of policy for lack of a better word, I think it’s a lot more reasonable to expect people to not be playing to lose on purpose vs. trying as hard as they can to win.

I used to hustle rich kids for their decks back when i was a kid. I would lose a few easy games and then fake rage and say alright, bet decks on this next one and then whip out toonworld and blue eyes toon dragon mixed with a red eyes and a normal blue eyes an some other things and just totally annihilate them out of nowhere and then go down to the Apple Comics store and sell off their deck (minus any legendary stuff)

i was heartless

1 Like

I wonder… Does our site have better towns or better mafia? I mean most people are very experienced and good at scumhunting but we also have very very good scumplayers.

Is this a yoke. :thinking:
I think DS and Josh when he’s trying are probably the good scum here?

I’ve never been scum for you guys to know

This site has better townplay by far. The semen analysis is crazy

No I’m not joking like I’m asking generally. Like MU has better towns (i was never been to one tho) etc.

MU has better towns than what? Not sure what you’re asking.

I don’t really like cross-site “skill” comparisons since a lot of things don’t really transfer and it’s hard to actually measure. Like the whole mafiascum towns are objectively worse than mafia universe towns thing is a load of hogwash with ppl imposing playstyle opinions and not looking at numbers.

A lot of us have very good winrates as both alignments elsewhere but take that as you will, don’t think it’s a hugely important stat.

Within the site itself we definitely have a way higher density of strong town players than strong mafia ones.

1 Like

Yeah I agree, It’s just what people say sometimes. I just wanted to learn scum or townplayers have more density thanks for answer.

1 Like

Definitely town players - the setups here tend to lean town just by volume of players

Where are you getting the stat that larger setups tend to favor scum while smaller setups tend to favor town.

11 years of experience playing mafia. As scum it’s easier to hide in closed setup large games.

Not that large setups necessarily favor scum but it’s easier to play as scum in them.

I have you beat by 3 years. :wink:

But more seriously I think a dataset I saw at some point actually had the inverse correlation but maybe thats moreso because designers are more likely to accidentally townside large setups.

1 Like

Does that include the distinction between open/closed?

think it was exclusively closed.
I actually don’t know of any large opens.

THAT SOUNDS LIKE A CHALLENGE

PYP X/Y? It’s 14 players but by MS’s definition that counts as large.

um

neighbourbood watch

arsonist mountainous

thats bout it off the top of my head

1 Like

There’s the matrix things that MU runs