Draft Vengeful 2

does one person having the same alignment or different alignment in the two games make more sense

what do you mean?

I thought Urist’s idea of just drafting and then each captain picking their teams was good

having each person have 1 scum team and 1 town team leads to a more elegant alternating draft but less elegant tiebreak

Oh for captains. Wouldn’t a tie only happen then if scum wins one game and town the other? which seems like it would leave 5 players. Unless I’m completely turned around.

alternating scheme has each captain having one of each hence a tie would be double alignment win (6 and 4)

1 Like

should m2h and i get this started, then?

I still feel that STSTSTSTTT is better, if less elegant. Town have enough advantages on this site without getting first pick.

i think pick order should just be mapped to game though

So Maybe:

A: Game 1 Scum
B: Game 1 Town
A: Game 1 Scum
A: Game 2 Scum
A: Game 2 Scum
B: Game 2 Town

?

with tiebreak from 5 winners.

@M2H @Josh
Pick one of these

and keep in the mind the rule change where the goon takes a vengekill if lynched d1

Goal is to go 2 wins, for first scheme tiebreak is 5 draft from set of winners, for second scheme tiebreak is 5 draft from entire set with some banning scheme.

1 Like

I think that anything they choose will be interesting enough. Looking forward to playing in game B with my fellow rejects

INTERVIEW QUESTION TIME

Suppose Drafter A drafts town teams and drafter B drafts scum teams for a single arbitrary setup from a pool of arbitrary players (so town and scum have fixed probability of winning the setup). Suppose the format is first 2 games are played and if town win one and scum win one a game 3 tiebreak happens.

Would you bet on the match finishing in 2 or 3 games?

spoiler answers

ooh ooh pick me

do you know the answer already?

1 Like

my guess is

2 games is more likely unless EV for the setup is 50/50, right?

Ur correct it is p^2 + (1-p)^2 = 2p^2-2p+1 = 1-2p(1-p) and p(1-p) always less than or equal to .25

1 Like

I totally got this wrong because I guessed and then got explained proofs

1 Like

You had me at “ur correct”

1 Like