Discussing the “Ellitell”

Eh, that means that if X and Y are playing in two different games together, they’ll have a (minor) meta advantage on reading each other in those games that a third player, Z, won’t have access to at all. In my opinion this is just lame and making the problem worse. Instead of seeing “X is posting more in his other games” you’ll see “X is posting more in his other games, take my word for it”.
Anonymous games are a much better idea.

1 Like

This is why i play 1 game for each site

I don’t really see a problem with this tell. When you rand wolf while in multiple games you are aware of what you are doing when making your presence known anywhere on the site. Even if this was somehow banned, a wolf would still have this in the back of their mind. Play better so you don’t get caught.

The bigger issue would be a tell that neymar mentioned about replacements, but I don’t really wanna get into it because it feels kinda like a pandora’s box type of thing.

I think we should open all the pandoras boxes right now since we’re trying to make a new set of rules for the game basically. :stuck_out_tongue:

This prolly doesn’t belong in this topic but I think replacements as they are now shouldn’t even exist in the future…is there anything at all like it in any other game that’s taken semi-seriously?

I’ll read the thread later, but the way mafiascum deals with replacements and the fact we get to absolutely read into replacement requests and whatnot is also dirty and needs to go.

I’m not understanding your point?

Are you saying it should be against the rules to to think, have thoughts or be influenced by players actions?

There’s also stuff we could mess around with - like players can only join a game when no other player they’re in another game with is in said game.

I don’t see this is a “rule” that has to be enforced btw - but either they can’t join the lobby in the app and they get a modal telling them why, or they straight up can’t see an open lobby if there’s an overlap.

Before we develop this stuff though, I’m still not sure what

1. my own opinion on desirability of cross-game thought process.
  2. you guy’s opinion on said process.

I know Toranaga thinks it’s dirty. Not really sure if most of you think it’s something good/fun to have, something you can live with because that’s how forums are structured, or something you’d prefer to be without but don’t really mind.

If your activity level drops as scum you are scumming wrong.

I tend to avoid it if the game isn’t completed as even if they are flipped it may reveal other alignments